Pivotal - High energy environment, values people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pivotal

"High energy environment, values people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Interesting products and technical challenges. This is a highly collaborative environment with engineers working closely in a large open, airy space. Working here is intense, but only from 9-6. The culture here is informal and fun.

Cons

Pivotal has only been around as a single entity since April 2013. Prior to that, the various groups that make up Pivotal belonged to at least 4 different companies.

As with any company that formed from multiple different corporate entities, different parts of the company often have wildly different cultures. The part I'm in is awesome: highly collaborative, low drama, low politics. Unfortunately not all parts of the company are like that. I do, however, believe that as the overall corporate culture emerges it is increasingly like the part I work in: no nonsense, people- and productivity- focused.

Advice to Management

I became aware of the reviews on glassdoor because we had a candidate decide not to pursue a job here because the reviews were "polarized." I think we should pay attention to the negative reviews here and take the feedback to heart. It seems that there are some things we could be doing better.

Other Employee Reviews for Pivotal

"Great Company with Great Products"

Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Field Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Pivotal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People, The Technology, The Offices, the Benefits, The Products, The Culture.

Cons

None worth mentioning, adding SSO between EMC and Pivotal would be cool

Advice to Management

Make on-boarding a little more streamlined. Add free online training (MOOC) for our awesome products to developers.

"chaotic and demanding environment - startup ? seriously?"

I worked at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free food not cooked fresh but brought in for free with very little taste
    shiny laptops

Cons

open environment..
    disparate systems from VMWARE, EMC - need to integrate in order to be successful? is it possible?
    would data sharing from the companies be beneficial to both parties? probably not...

Advice to Management

too many disparate views and strategy, have a single minded and synthesized strategy to handle integration and growth, if not, IPO path is already looking...