Pixability - Pixability Rocks | Glassdoor

"Pixability Rocks"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Innovative, fast paced, analytical, science driven, next generation company... unbelievably connected to the IT and Marketing world. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

Lots of hours (they are a startup) and you have to pay to play (salary will be minimal but the upside is huge)

Advice to Management

Look for the absolute best talent available for each position and find a way to hire them. We spent so much time coddling inferior talent that it cost us much more than if we went the extra yard.

Other Employee Reviews for Pixability

"Accountability, mutual support, fast pace, constant innovation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Pixability is a company with a very diverse team. People are from very diverse backgrounds, so it is not your typical East coast startup. Be prepared to hear several languages during the day. It is truly a global team. Everyone in the company of 10 (and growing) is a very independent individual willing and able to "move mountains". Organization is run using Agile methodology, so there is a daily review of progress and corrections are made right away. Executives of the company are very easy to talk with and are always open to new ideas, no matter who brings them up. Heck, it is very likely you will be sitting next to one of them. Organization is very heavily metrics-driven. Don't expect to be able to coast.

Cons

No matter how heavy of the effort executives are putting into trying to put in work/life balance, some members of the team do end up pulling some heavy hours. Such is start-up life.
    Compensation is also on the lower end, but again, that is the reality of Angel-investor funded companies.

Advice to Management

Clearer direction on who is responsible for what in the organization to avoid people stepping on each others toes at times.

2. "Best Place I've Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Pixability full-time

Pros

Pix really gives you the autonomy to take initiative, while being there if you have questions. The work/life balance is the best I have ever had! I can work at home as needed and don't have to worry about my manager being upset about it. The way it is at Pix, if you get your job done, you can have as much flexibility as needed. I'm proud to work at a place that I consider a second family.

Cons

As with any start-up, things can get chaotic. When you are moving very quickly the structure can get lost. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a "con" because most startups experience this type of growing pain.

Advice to Management

Make sure we are rewarding the employees that need to be rewarded and not holding on to employees that don't fit our culture.