Pizza Hut - Sell Outs | Glassdoor

"Sell Outs"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great support from payroll and other off-site departments when assistance is needed.
Good Benefits f it is a corporate store-not good if it isn't

Cons

Work 50+ hours a week
No Bonus system for Assistant Managers
The start pay is low- just about $26,000
Much work is required for inadequate compensation
The corporation could sell off your area- if you work for the corporation

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "fast food sucks"

Pros

free food
    chill most of the time

Cons

busy
    low pay and boring job

2. "Terrible Scheduling Practice. Inability to Resolve Issues with Immediate Supervisor."

Current Employee - Demoted Manager/Driver
    Current Employee - Demoted Manager/Driver

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can work with my age group demographic.
    I am able to purchase food with a discount.
    I was able to go through the manager's program, which would have been excellent for my resume.

Cons

The scheduling is unfair.
    The schedule is not finished by our store manager until the day before it is due.
    The store manager copies the former schedule to do it at the last minute, even if the previous schedule leaves some employees with very few hours.
    Employees can be reduced from 35 hours a week to zero without notice.
    There is no overseeing by regional managers to control scheduling.
    If an employee depends on this paycheck to survive, he may not be able to pay rent.

Advice to Management

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with your program. I was removed from the manager's program, after working for Pizza Hut for an entire year, because I did not have transportation for five days, while many other employees have called off work and are slower workers. I was working 35 hours a week, and I had been sent through the manager's program, at Pizza Hut's dime. I am a model employee. Our general manager removed me from the schedule without telling me why, and she never formerly removed me from the manager's program; she just did. And yet all of the manager's shifts are covered, even though she promoted no one else. This means that she had promoted too many people, did not realize it, and so she arbitrarily not only demoted me but took away almost all of my hours altogether. The biggest problem I have with Upper Management is that it gives employees no way to find the corporate scheduling requirements without causing a workplace rift. Simply put, Pizza Hut allows for the exploitation younger employees and does no seem to care. I am looking for another job. This corporation also lost money training an extra manager because the general manager did not realize she had too many managers, so by not more closely watching their stores they cause higher prices and lower stock dividends to share holders.