Pizza Hut - As a Delivery Driver, It's a great first job that bring in more than minimum wage if you include tips. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

"As a Delivery Driver, It's a great first job that bring in more than minimum wage if you include tips."

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Fort Mill, SC
Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well besides the free pizza, some of the things I like about being a Delivery Driver is that I get to relax in my car and listen to music while at work. This makes for a relatively stress-free experience.
This job is the kind of job where the faster, harder, and smarter you work, the more money you leave with at the end of the night.
Another major thing I gained from this job is knowledge of the area I live in, I know what specific time range certain area's are heavily backed up; and I know multiple ways to by-pass said traffic.

Cons

The only "complaint" I really have about this job is that Drivers only get payed $4.50/hr while they're out on a delivery. This is a very unpredictable and potentially dangerous job depending on the area you're taking a delivery to. I've had an old lady pull a double barrel shotgun on me.

Advice to Management

The road-pay is what kills us. Only making $4.50/hr while we're on the road is almost humiliating and tends to push many drivers to speed excessively.

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "A little hectic some days, but mostly an easy job"

Current Employee - Server in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Saddle Brook, NJ

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here are basically to get customer service experience as well as serving experience to move on to a bigger restaurant.

Cons

Some of the cons were the greasiness of the food you had to deal with and some rude customers.

2. "a bit disorganized and hectic, but a fun experience overall."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Woodmere, OH
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Woodmere, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good base hourly pay for a driver, great tips, fun coworkers. Training at area headquarters. Flexible hours and structured work environment.

Cons

Sometimes their seemed to be a disconnect between the management of our store and the regional/corporate management

Advice to Management

More strategy to delivery regarding numbers of deliveries that come in at one time, and locations for deliveries.