Pizza Hut - Fast-paced environment where you'll definitely develop interpersonal and customer service skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

"Fast-paced environment where you'll definitely develop interpersonal and customer service skills"

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time

Pros

The restaurant I worked in had a fun, family-like team where we often smiled and laughed and pulled together to successfully ride through the more hectic nights. Working at this restaurant really helped improve my skills in customer service and being able to deal with any unexpected and/or stressful situation.

Cons

This is a very fast-paced environment that has no room for the slow-learners or easily offended. The training offered is really minimal; the newly employed who are new to customer service in the food business may struggle for a while and learn on the go. Servers especially must be quick on their feet and be able to multi-task.

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "Very Friendly place to work with alot of potental. LOVE IT."

Current Employee - Lead Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Lead Shift Leader

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a very unique learning system, one that i have never experianced before.There are "job aides" throughout the store that help even if you are having a off day and forgot something. Plenty of chances to move up in the company.

Cons

Some drama as to be expected. Not enough to give up and quit

Advice to Management

keep up this amazing way of training people. I love this company, sometimes to many "bosses" in one shift, gets a little comfusing on who your suppose to listen to, but, other than that LOVE IT!!

2. "It's a job."

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food when people don't pick up orders etc. You'll need it working there, because your check isn't going to go far. I'm not much of a pizza eater or much food that's bad for you, but you do what you gotta do.

Cons

Management tends to be clueless, from the general manager down to shift managers. I was constantly told by one of the shift managers that the others were stealing. Of course, one of those accused of stealing was the only decent manager there, and I'm including the GM. General management skips out before their shift ends, and this can put you in a bind during rushes. I've known more than one GM to perform this way also. The pay rate is low, so they're not very picky with their workers. I suppose it's a good thing, if you're the type to not care about anything.

Advice to Management

Pay the GMs more, so maybe you can get quality people in there. This is where the problems really start. Maybe change the corporate scheduling for them to be a tad more flexible.