Pizza Hut - The food is always delicious. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

"The food is always delicious."

Former Employee - Server in Lebanon, PA
Former Employee - Server in Lebanon, PA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked working for Pizza Hut because of the money I made without a huge time commitment. I was in high school at the time of occupation and it provided a great financial stability for me even though I was only working part time. The hours suited my schedule, the people served were always friendly, and the food was good.

Cons

Well whenever someone works in any type of food service you're bound to smell like food. Whenever I got off work I smelled like pizza and oil. I've worked at two different Pizza Huts so I won't say this as a blanket statement but a few of the managers that I have worked under were very unsatisfactory. They chose favorites, had cliques, the managers would seek the manipulate the ones they did not like.

Advice to Management

Make sure that everyone is cleaning everything the way they are supposed to.

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "Flexible schedules for students, short-term employment."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best option as a second job, primarily as a driver. Opportunity to work closely with a variety of people in a relaxed setting. Flexible hours, discounted employee meals, and very straightforward job tasks.

Cons

Stingy with pay raises and paid overtime, miscommunication and management inconsistencies result in a lax and tumultuous revenue periods, mediocre compensation/benefits. Having personally been offered an assistant management position twice, the additional responsibility is not worth the pay cap.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees! Having worked with both Staab and Peak Interests franchises (currently Peak), there is much to be desired in management and priorities with Peak. It's hard as a shift manager to motivate your team to excel and succeed when they are dissatisfied with being overworked and underpaid.

2. "Terrible work environment. Very difficult to keep your sanity."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cook in Goose Creek, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Cook in Goose Creek, SC

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Can occassionally be laid back.

Cons

-Work is very exhausting, and they'll work you dead without any extra benefits.
    -Often cuts employees hours, so when you are working you're also understaffed.
    -Managers can be very difficult to work with.
    -Very difficult to move up.
    -Never got a raise after working there for 3-4 years. You'll have to be satisfied with working for minimum wage.
    -Hours can be unpredictable. You'll be expected to close the store (at 1AM), and then open the very next day. They also can change your schedule without any notice.
    -Very little sympathy if you get sick. They made getting a doctor's note mandatory, or else I'd be put on probation.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees more. It goes a long way.