Pizza Hut - Depends on your goals in life... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pizza Hut

"Depends on your goals in life..."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training programs, promotion from within, tight knit team. Overall, good for individuals with minimal education (i.e., HS Diploma, GED, Associates Degree) looking to grow into a managment position for a title/experience.

Cons

Some serious problems with corporate management... Seems to be some gender bias leading to a glass ceiling for women. Also, many changes going on right now with stores being franchised which is leading to a lot of confusion and resentment among lower level staff.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunites to the women in the company. You have some very gifted RGMs that have been repeatedly been given broken promises for advancement beyond the store level and are now becoming increasingly resentful.

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "working as a driver at pizza hut"

Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Vermilion, OH
    Current Employee - Pizza Hut Delivery Driver in Vermilion, OH

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can make good tips if you are a good driver

Cons

bad supporting cast no love for good workers

Advice to Management

make sure you treat your good employees better

2. "Worked Like A Dog"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro was the tips. On a good day, I would make anywhere from $50-100 in tips. On a bad day, I only made $6-25. I met a lot of new people from delivering and also making friends with the employees and dine-in/walk-in customers. I had fun working.

Cons

Scheduling at my store was not as flexible as I thought. I worked 17 days straight from 9am-12am before I was able to get a day off from work. We did not have a general manager. As far as I know we still don't have a general manager, because they keep quitting. There is a shift manager that nobody likes, including customers that is very rude at times and is not a people person at all. We always would run out of dough EARLY, like before the lunch rush was over. There was either not enough people working or too many. There was no proper training a few days sitting at the computer and that was all the training I got. I learned things by either getting someone to tell me what to do or figuring it out myself. It didn't take much for us to get overwhelmed. Pizzas were coming out either late or incorrect. When things got really crazy we were instructed not to answer the phones. There were other minor things that were a turn-off from working at Pizza Hut.

Advice to Management

General Managers are very few and very hard to come by and a promotion is unheard of.