Pizza Hut - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pizza Hut full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have good team members and good work hours
Management is good, and joke around a lot

Cons

The pay isn't to great since i do ALL the dishes and prep in the store. and help with calls / cook

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "Decent job, could only put up with it for 6 months"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Front Royal, VA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Front Royal, VA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

COULD make some money on a good night as a delivery driver. Easy work. Usually relaxed.

Cons

Most nights were not good nights, didn't make much in tips. Gas compensation wasn't enough either. But it's different in each area, Pizza Hut in this town is not the favorite for most.

Advice to Management

Make sure delivery drivers are getting paid enough so they represent your company in a positive way while delivering the product to the customer. Mad delivery drivers = bad delivery service

2. "It provided me with some money and a semi-good time while dealing with immature kids and poor senior mgt."

Former Employee - Shift Manager/Cook/Waitress in Brownsville, PA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager/Cook/Waitress in Brownsville, PA

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A friendly environment for the most part. Lenient with scheduling and nice management staff. Only open 10a-10p/11pm, so no crazy over nights or very early morning schedules. I definitely had some fun and good conversation while working their a lot of the time.

Cons

High turn-over rate, irresponsible RGMs and other Shift Managers, dirty stores, little to no acknowledgments to employees for good works done, some employees can get away with things that others can't, poor to average customer service, you have to beg for a raise and will almost never get one - even managers make terribly poor money, no room for financial advancement, and really just not good food quality.
    This is not a company I would want to work for for a long period of time, or invest a career in. 4.5 years there was long enough for me - almost too long.

I worked at 2 separate locations. The Pgh store was a lot better than the Brownsville location. The Pgh store was also a corporate store, not franchise, which may be why it was somewhat better.

Advice to Management

Get some business advice from a Chick-fil-A Operator, or just read a book by Truett Cathy, to see how it's really supposed to be done.