Pizza Hut - Great opportunities | Glassdoor

"Great opportunities"

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Oberlin, OH
Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Oberlin, OH

I worked at Pizza Hut full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, great salary and bonus package, fun environment

Cons

Must work 50 hours a week minimum, not a good fit for parents

Advice to Management

Nurture young managers more and allow for medical considerations

Other Employee Reviews for Pizza Hut

1. "Americas Pizza Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenoir, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lenoir, NC

I worked at Pizza Hut part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job was straight forward
    I was promoted 3 times in almost 4 years
    i worked with alright people

Cons

hot grease was terrible for my ache

"PENSACOLA - Worst pizza delivery job in this city."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Pizza Hut part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can eat all the rejected or brought back pizza. No other pros. I am looking for a new job.

Cons

Unlike other delivery places, there is no set amt per delivery, such as 1.50 a run, but paid low mileage. My store delivers to a military base so if you have 3 deliveries you get about .75 for all three vs places like Dominos or Papa John which would be 4.50 for all 3 runs.

Second, I am paid tip wage of 4.91/hr. The way how they work it, if i take ANY delivery and it takes 15-30 mins to get back to the store, my 3.00 tip covers the entire hour. So once back in the store, I am washing dishes or prep work at 4.91/hr. I only make min wage of 7.93 if I dont take any deliveries for the ENTIRE hour. My paychecks are usually about 130.00 for 40 hrs in two weeks. Only 3-4 hours is min wage and the remaining 36 is 4.91/hr. I average about 100.00 in tips a week. You mostly get the coin change.

Third, my store does NOT offer ANY employee discount for pizza. Doesnt happen.

Forth, other than the military base, the area is unsafe. I have been there 3 months and almost robbed twice. Unsafe area also equals no tips. Today I worked 5 hrs, took 6 runs and got 2.10 in tips and 7.90 in gas money with about 40 miles on my car. Basically wearcand tear on car and less than min wage at slave labour conditions.

Advice to Management

Its obvious corporate greed is most important, especially since you can even keep the store supplied to do the job.
    Its also great how you pay us 4.91/hr to hand cut veggies and put us at risk of cutting our hands. The pre cut veggies are available but that costs a little more, taking away from corporate greed.
    A/C works in half the store and its above 90 degrees in the building. Too cheap to fix.
    Dirty, dirty place to work in, filty building.
    This store gets held up all the time and this past year 2 other pizza drivers were murdered but you are so cheap to put up a video camera to help protect us!