Placemark Investments - Great benefits, Good to the employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Placemark Investments

"Great benefits, Good to the employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Pros

They have a very competitive benefit package, give a significant amount of time off, care about employees and their personal lives. They have tried (even with the ups and downs of the economy) to stay a fair and competitive place to work. They take on most of the cost of the health benefits so the employees can afford to go to the doctor when sick. We have had celebrations for important life events for employees even when the times were hard.

Cons

Job growth, movement and training can be difficult in some of the positions. However if you ask for advancement and are patient they will work with you.

Other Employee Reviews for Placemark Investments

"How long will it last?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Benefits, business casual dress code

Cons

Weak leadership, a Sr. Management team that does not work well together, lots of internal political issues, extravagant spending by Sr. Management until they really had to tighten their belts, the Technology Dept. has the rest of the company by the "bleeps", a Board that is blinded by Sr. Management

Advice to Management

It's time to make some changes at the top

"Glad to have been a part of Placemark"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

Team environment - my co-workers and the management of my group really made the environment. I miss the benefits, as my current employer only gives me less vacation and has no 401k match.

Cons

While I was there, specifications were not clear (if they existed at all). This did force me to interact with business users more, which could have been a good thing if it weren't for the back and forth changes.

Advice to Management

Formalize the software development practice and mandate proper requirements and testing by business users.