Plains Exploration - PXP - Award winning Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plains Exploration

"PXP - Award winning Company"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

Plains Exploration & Production Company is an exciting place to work. The management continuously provides upbeat rewards that keep employees on track. Everything from gift cards to parties at the office. They always make employees feel appreciated. The environment is clean and professional. A great place to work; not to mention the total reward package is excellent. Plains believes in providing short term and long term incentives through out the organization. Not to mention that oil and gas is where the action is. Always an acquisition going on-keeps us on our toes. I've only been with Plains a few years but no plans on leaving any time soon.

Cons

Just down right hard work. Amagine, you are expected to pull your load around here. You are paid for what the company gets. It is a very fair opportunity, but it does pull you away from your family at times. One good thing is that you see the same expectations throughout the company. Your boss is always right there next to you working when the going gets tough. My boss has no problem helping me get the dirty work done. We all come out looking good.

The company does not offer any retiree benefits such as medical or pension plan. These are a downside.

Advice to Management

To attract and retain talent, management needs to entertain the idea of compressed work weeks such as 9/80's. Also, retirement plans are very common in the industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Plains Exploration

1. "sql server database administrator"

Pros

great work environment and great team

Cons

zero cons except they changed name so cannot locate my references

2. "a company that sees employees are its most valuable assets"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Houston, TX

I worked at Plains Exploration full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits including medical and a high 401k match. Salaries and bonus structure are extremely competitive. Best company I've worked for.

Cons

Didn't like to hire people so resources tended to be stretched thin. Expectations of being available 24x7