Planned Parenthood - Six Rivers Planned Parenthood | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood

"Six Rivers Planned Parenthood"

Current Employee - Payroll Technician-A/P in Eureka, CA
Current Employee - Payroll Technician-A/P in Eureka, CA

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved working here. Everyone is so passionate about the services provided.

Cons

Non-profit, low pay in area.

Advice to Management

Trim some of the administrative costs

Other Employee Reviews for Planned Parenthood

"The perfect internship: I got to apply my education to a real world experience."

Current Employee - Public Affairs Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Public Affairs Intern in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Friendly, accepting, genuine, and competent co-workers who all are passionate about reproductive rights and social justice generally.

Runs very smoothly---doesn't fit the stereotype of the typical underfunded and inefficient non-profit (but then again the LA office has may more resources than other offices).

Very flexible with work hours.

Cons

My internship was unpaid and they gave me a lot of responsibility. However, many internships are unpaid and I knew that before I took the job.

I'm pretty sure the paid positions don't pay as well, but that's how it is for most nonprofits.

"Very political, inside and out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good fringe benefits (flexible schedules, health insurance, time off). Allows you to serve a population in need. Many people feel very good about working there and serving the patients.

Cons

Political challenges are always abound, from the outside (protesters, government funding cuts, anti-abortion bills, etc) and inside (you need to work with a lot of people to get things done...lots of decision by committee There is little "coloring outside the lines"). Every year there are budget issues due to government funding so you're always wondering if this year is the year of more staffing cuts, budget cuts, etc.

Advice to Management

Line level staff do not have much confidence in executive leadership's ability to succeed. Working on conveying competence and showing knowledge would help people think they know something. At this point it just seems like they delegate everything to the managers.