Planned Parenthood - Worked at Planned Parenthood for six months, it was a pretty good job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Planned Parenthood

"Worked at Planned Parenthood for six months, it was a pretty good job"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Jacksonville Beach, FL
Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Pros

I enjoyed being able to educate patients on a daily basis. I also liked the staff that worked there, they are very helpful and willing to teach you if you want to learn. Everyone maintained a professional attitude. All in all it was an ok place to work, I would go back but they don't pay enough to ofset the cost in gas.

Cons

It was a long ass drive from my house (I lived about 45 minutes away). The office that I worked in was open only evening hours at the time and it hardly made the drive worth it. I also only made about $8 an hour, which I have now come to realize what most people in this position make. Sad because I paid 10 grand to go to school to make 8 bucks an hour. Another kinda crappy part is having to work saturdays assisting with abortions, there were picketers there every week yelling at me as I drove up.

Advice to Management

none, I don't know who is there now

Other Employee Reviews for Planned Parenthood

1. "Volunteer"

I have been working at Planned Parenthood part-time

Pros

Great community of people

Cons

Volunteer opportunities are somewhat limited

2. "Big Organization, Big Challenges, Big Impact"

I have been working at Planned Parenthood full-time

Pros

The work that PPFA does is immensely important to millions of patients in the US - from rural counties to urban areas where there are not other facilities like it. 85% who are on Medicaid. Developing innovations, sex ed in schools, global partnerships.Open door to women, men, teens. Trusted brand, dedicated staff.

Cons

It's a large organization and complex. As a result, people need to "stay in their lane."