Planned Parenthood - Not open to new ideas | Glassdoor

"Not open to new ideas"

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Saint Paul, MN
Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

promotes a woman's right to choose, committed to providing services to all women regardless of income.

Cons

Senior Management team frequently changes Management Team letting them know that they want change in the organization and welcome their input. If management doesn't propose what Senior Leadership team wants to hear then not considered a productive and valued employee.

Advice to Management

If you truly want change then listen to your management team. If not, do not profess to want change and make that clear during the hiring process.

Other Employee Reviews for Planned Parenthood

"Working here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Very Understanding of family issues and occurrences.
    Time off and recognized holidays
    Relaxed dress code
    Fair opportunity to right imperfections or mishaps as in accordance with work performance

Cons

While most of the employees of this company are friendly, like every work environment there is some cattiness.
    Most senior staff do speak and recall your name, but I have on several occasions spoken to them first as a friendly gesture and it has not been reciprocated. However, this is not something that happens with frequency.

Advice to Management

Remember that every face counts, even if you do not have a strong relationship established with them. If someone says "good day" to you, return the gesture.

2. "Worked at Planned Parenthood for six months, it was a pretty good job"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Jacksonville Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Pros

I enjoyed being able to educate patients on a daily basis. I also liked the staff that worked there, they are very helpful and willing to teach you if you want to learn. Everyone maintained a professional attitude. All in all it was an ok place to work, I would go back but they don't pay enough to ofset the cost in gas.

Cons

It was a long ass drive from my house (I lived about 45 minutes away). The office that I worked in was open only evening hours at the time and it hardly made the drive worth it. I also only made about $8 an hour, which I have now come to realize what most people in this position make. Sad because I paid 10 grand to go to school to make 8 bucks an hour. Another kinda crappy part is having to work saturdays assisting with abortions, there were picketers there every week yelling at me as I drove up.

Advice to Management

none, I don't know who is there now