Plante Moran - Great place to work and grow your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plante Moran

"Great place to work and grow your career"

Former Employee - Assurance in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Assurance in Southfield, MI

I worked at Plante Moran full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co workers, understanding people, good reputation in the area

Cons

The name has a strong brand presence in the MidWest, but looked down upon as the little guy elsewhere in the country

Advice to Management

Golder Circles are what make places great. Public accounting can be hard on anyone and at the end of the day, the biggest reward is financial compensation.

Other Employee Reviews for Plante Moran

1. "Offers a unique experience you can't get anywhere else in public accounting"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Plante Moran full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunity for rapid advancement. I feel like I'm driving my career. I set my own goals, evaluate myself, find opportunities that energize me, and my supervisors are very supportive in helping me focus on the aspects that energize me.

Cons

As with any job in public accounting, there's going to be a lot more hours than your typical 40-hour work week, especially during the busy times of year. They work very hard to help soften the blow (flexible hours, family-oriented benefits like on-site daycare in some cases), but still can tend to burn people out.

"Great learning experience, but "We Care" only applies to cookie cutter employees."

Former Employee - Assurance In-charge in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Assurance In-charge in Flint, MI

I worked at Plante Moran full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Competitive wage
    -CPA exam bonus
    -Most staff are great to work with
    -Firm training is extensive and value added
    -Varied experiences in audit and assurance can launch career into private sector or non-profit arena

Cons

P&M tends to only hire a certain kind of person that fits what they expect of someone who will be "successful" in public accounting. When people don't fit the mold they are quickly ostracized by their team partner and managers. There is a lot of emphasis on physical appearance and the majority of the company leadership is still male (as is still typical for the accounting/finance industry.)

Advice to Management

Get with the times. Not everyone you hire should be a W.A.S.P. (white anglo-saxon protestant)