Platinum IG - Great culture, super smart people, lots of opportunities abound | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Platinum IG

"Great culture, super smart people, lots of opportunities abound"

Current Employee - Content Marketer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Content Marketer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Platinum IG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PlatinumIG has one of the best cultures in the Detroit area. It's collaborative, fun and laid back, so don't expect to wear a suit to work and shine your shoes everyday. Along with the culture, the people are superman smart, and are always willing to help you if you have any questions. As an entry-level professional, I've been given the opportunity to work on projects that and campaigns that most entry-level people would never be able to work on in a corporate environment. You don't acquire responsibilities because of your experience - you acquire them because of your hard work. If you prove yourself and take ownership, you'll be rewarded for it.

Cons

This isn't the place for you if you're not a self starter and aren't willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard, even without positive encouragement.

Other Employee Reviews for Platinum IG

1. "Beautician"

Current Freelancer - Hair Stylist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Freelancer - Hair Stylist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Platinum IG (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a very laid back, customer/family friendly atmosphere. I love what I do and how I'm a major impact, reinforcing pride and beauty in my clients lives.

Cons

It's a Barbershop and Hair salon, so sometimes we bump heads with debates and conversations that usually takes place in both lines of business.

Advice to Management

Hiring me would be a great asset to your company. I'm guest friendly and has many certifications in the line of guest and customer services.

"Please read before pursuing a position here!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Platinum IG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other employees in the office are all very nice and fun to work with. There are fun company events every once in a while, like Barbecue's, games, etc. The office itself is decorated really cool too. There are fun colors everywhere, funky chairs and couches, and the meeting rooms have cool themes. There is even an 11 foot long conference table made out of legos.

Cons

There are no processes or any type of systems in place. Nothing ever gets done and you have no sense of accomplishment with any project/task. Everything is EXTREMELY micromanaged by the CEO who has no clear direction. Projects are never completed, because you are constantly being taken away from your tasks to start something totally different that the CEO wants, and that's a daily occurrence. Also, don't expect any type of feedback or constructive criticism, it doesn't exist. Because the CEO micromanages every task, he is the one to give feedback on everything done, but has no qualifications to give any type of feedback. Instead of having management in place that are qualified to make suggestions and recommendations on improvement, the CEO will just say "Oh that looks like s**t" or "I don't like that". There is no way to grow and learn in that type of environment, all it brings is extreme frustration.

You are kept late and working extravagant hours, despite the fact that nothing still ever gets completed. You spend the majority of your time sitting and waiting for approval from the CEO (which never happens).

There is NO HR in the company. The CEO can say and do whatever he likes, and often times are inappropriate. He has made numerous racial slurs, demeaning statements to the females in the office, and even comments about sexual orientation. No employee has somewhere that they can express their feelings or concern to, and when issues have been brought up to the CEO, they are completely ignored.

There is no growth in the company, or any type of performance reviews. Your daily job is to do whatever the CEO wants for that day. He is never satisfied with your work, no matter what you do, and will constantly put you down and make you feel worthless and not qualified in your skills. But then, will add more and more jobs/tasks to your plate, with no compensation or benefits. The environment is like a high school with all of the gossip as well. On a daily basis they are talking behind their employees backs to other employees, and saying what a poor job they are doing. If you ever do leave the company, they say nothing but negative things about you, and you would never be able to use them as a reference on your resume.

Advice to Management

Get new management.