Platinum Supplemental Insurance - I was a producer | Glassdoor

"I was a producer"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Marshall, IL
Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Marshall, IL

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The support from management was very strong and supportive.

Cons

Cold call business. When I resigned the company would not pay me for the apps. I traveled to the work site that might be as much as a 2 to 3 hours on my own dime. I paid for my motel stay for the four days that were required and of course I paid for my meals. If you did not do well signing apps. I found myself in a hole every week.

Advice to Management

Listen to your producers out in the field, this is not a great position for people of color. Many of the farmers after seeing that there was a minority on their porch had already formed a ( NO) not because of the product but because of who or what I am. Leadership would not listen and would suggest it was our presentation that was all wrong.

Nov 20, 2014 – External Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you felt strongly supported by our leadership and management. Providing the best opportunities and experience for all of our sales representatives is ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Platinum Supplemental Insurance

"Platinum Supplemental Insurance"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wichita, KS

I worked at Platinum Supplemental Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great if you work hard. Plus renewals keep paying you. If you leave the company after 2 years you are 50% vested. After 5 years 100% vested. Overall Platinum helped me out financially as I was able to save up money to find my ideal job.

Cons

They sell you on the fact that you are your own boss, however they want you to work as much as possible. Also weekly expenses are around 400-500 just to work. That's hotels and gas. Most bonuses are not attainable by the average or even a good agent. They micromanage even though you are considered self employed. Also no benefits.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Make your open and honest communication as such. Be honest with your agents. Stop decreasing the advances on pay it has hurt our production and is a bad idea. Try to grow in a sustainable manner. Value your good producers. No quick fixes.

Nov 20, 2014 – External Communications Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are happy to hear the financial success you found here at Platinum helped you move toward your dream job. In our nearly 20 years in business, we've had many ... More

"Great place to work!"

Pros

In all my years of employment with various companies, I have never felt as appreciated as I do here. Great company who gives you the resources you need to be successful. I truly enjoy my job and believe in their mission.

Cons

I don't have any negatives.

Jul 22, 2016 – External Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience! We take our mission seriously to provide everyone in the Platinum family with an outstanding opportunity.