Cover image for PlayStation

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall good place to work

Oct 28, 2022 - Software Engineer II in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) WLB is off the charts great, IF you happen to find the right team. 2) Benefits were really nice! Free PS membership each year. Discounts on Sony products. 3) Probably depends on the team, but technology is progressive for the most part, and can be a good challenge. 4) Managers were emotionally very supportive.

Cons

1) The pay is lower than other companies 2) They don't allow fully remote, but do hybrid, depending on the bigger group you're in 3) Promotion is difficult, and some managers promote by the length of time you spend with that title. I saw other people around me get promoted without fulfilling the cultural requirements 4) HR is very slow to respond. 5) Some teams are definitely stretched thin, and could hire more so that deadlines can be met for dependencies.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Game developer

Feb 2, 2023 - Developer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working with the team

Cons

No cons for right now

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place

Dec 9, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

PlayStation is an iconic brand, and people love us. Our mission is to push the boundaries of play and ultimately to make people happy. We aren't solving for world peace or saving lives so the stress isn't at a crisis level. There's just enough to fuel your days with some excitement. Working here is different than any company I have ever worked for. First, people of all backgrounds seem to want to work here--there is no shortage of people applying to our jobs. Second, we have incredible benefits at an affordable cost. And our benefits are expansive--IVF coverage, backup child care, etc. --amazing! Third, the people PlayStation is bringing in are best-in-class leaders who are helping shape the future of the company. It's a great time to join. Forth, we stand by the communities we live in. PlayStation committed $100M to social justice to improve lives and increase opportunities for underrepresented groups. Our commitment at PlayStation to DE&I is like nothing I have ever seen. Fifth and final comment: the people here are very supportive of one another and friendly. It's a happy workplace.

Cons

PlayStation at times can seem like a giant start-up. There's a lot of transformational work happening. If you are someone who wants to go where everything is perfectly laid out for you, this isn't the right place to work. Critical thinking skills are needed here, so if you don't want to use your brain, this isn't the gig for you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about PlayStation.

PlayStation Photos

+ Add Photo
PlayStation photo of: New Playstation HQ Campus
PlayStation photo of: PS Team @ Curry Senior Home
PlayStation photo of: Our PS Vue team in LA!
PlayStation photo of: MLB The Show launch party!
PlayStation photo of: MLB The Show launch party!
PlayStation photo of: Halloween in SF