Plex Systems, Inc. - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plex Systems, Inc.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture. Our employee satisfaction survey results last year were the highest that the third party had ever seen. Certain categories saw slight decreases in scores over the last 3 years due to growing pains, so the company organized 4 groups to try to determine how to improve those areas. Everyone in the company knows we have a good thing going and no one wants to see it go.

You get as much as you want out of the company. There are those who treat it as a 9 to 5 and others who seek out membership on teams and advancement within the company. I'm the latter and I have thrived in the company for years.

Cons

I no longer know everyone's name.

Advice to Management

Protect the culture or else we'll be just another company.

Plex Systems, Inc. Response

Aug 6, 2014 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Couldn't agree with you more. It is inevitable that our culture will evolve as we grow...and we will certainly be growing rapidly over the coming years! Fortunately, we have a strong existing set... More

Other Employee Reviews for Plex Systems, Inc.

"Proud to be an employee!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plex Systems is a great place to work! I am surrounded by people that are bright, engaged, and hard-working and their passion for what we do as a company shows no matter where you look. We have a great product (dare I say "the BEST"?) and a phenomenal team supporting it! I am so proud to be a part of this team!

Cons

There continue to be some "bumps in the road" as we grow larger, but we work together to find the right solution both for us as a company and for our customers.

Advice to Management

Manufacturing and ERP both have unique considerations for our customers (both future and present). You have a team that KNOWS what they are doing - don't be afraid to count on them and trust what they tell you. We've been doing this for a long time now and no one wants to see you all succeed more than we do!

"Great company that cares about it's employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best aspect of being part of Plex is the opportunity to work along side smart, passionate people. Employees are treated with respect and get ahead based on the merits of their work rather then how long they have been with the company. Employees are given a lot of responsibility but also the freedom to accomplish their day to day tasks without being micromanaged. The work environment is fast paced, and rarely seems repetitive.

The company has grown significantly in the last couple of years, providing many new opportunities and positions within the company.

Cons

Being a SaaS company means that customers are using the software 24x7, employees are expected to be on call to match.

Projects often have aggressive deadlines which can lead to working long hours.

Advice to Management

Plex has a great culture, make sure that we don't lose it as the company continues to grow.