Plum Creek Timber - Not on the cutting edge in technology but managament cares | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plum Creek Timber

"Not on the cutting edge in technology but managament cares"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kalispell, MT
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Kalispell, MT

I have been working at Plum Creek Timber full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the midst of this recession everyone was given a blanket 2% raise to show they cared. We also still get a well run, well funded defined pension program along with a well run 401K. We are always told that management says people first

Cons

Small company with a lot of petty small compay politics. A single person can carry to much churn with a couple of allies.

Advice to Management

I was told ther other day that a person I work with feels like working for Plum Creek must be a little like what it feels to win the lottery. In these difficult economic times she felt like the top management is looking out for us -- there's not much more that can be added to that.

Other Employee Reviews for Plum Creek Timber

1. "Employees are treated well"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Meridian, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Meridian, ID

Pros

Good job, well paid and well treated. I don't know what else to say other than I try to do my best work and in return I am treated well and compensated well.

Cons

It is a small company and therefore has the politics and limitations of a small company. If you need a large environment with lots of ways to advance then this place is not for you. If you like the small company atmosphere where everyone knows each each other. It's more like a family than a traaditional corporate environment.

Advice to Management

none. I'm not plugged in at a level high enough to really have insight for the top tier management.

2. "Good company."

Current Employee - IT in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT in Seattle, WA

Pros

Generous Bonus Program. 3 Weeks vacation to start for senior folks.

Cons

IT personnel are mostly in MT. Working in Seattle office can be a disadvantage.

Advice to Management

Employees should be able to review their direct managers to their managers manager.