Plum District - Inconsistent direction from management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

"Inconsistent direction from management"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Plum District as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch a few times a week and a fully stocked kitchen made working long hours bearable.

Cons

The management team was disorganized and seemed to have no idea how to interact with entry level employees without being condescending. The direction from management was also super inconsistent (i.e. one person assigning a task and another person mandating that you abandon that task and claiming that they've spoken with the task assigner only to hear from the original assigner that the task should have been completed days ago...bizarre I know.)

Other Employee Reviews for Plum District

1. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Plum District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--Startup environment provides tons of learning opportunities
    --Great team and lots of peer support
    --My thoughts and suggestions were extremely accepted. The small-team dynamic made this possible.
    --Continued relations with the company. Since leaving Plum District to work on my own company, I've received amazing advice, kindness and support from the team and CEO.
    --Work life balance is wonderful! I was encouraged to take vacation (and was even given travel books by my bosses!) and my time was always respected.

Cons

The startup roller coaster can be tough. It can also be hugely fulfilling!

2. "Bumpy like any Startup, but great people"

I worked at Plum District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart people, energetic culture, room to grow and explore your ideas. I hear the new management team is really smart and creative.

Cons

It went through some bumpy times like any startup, especially in the daily deal space. People got laid off, it really sucked. But a lot of the things people said on here tended to be rumors that were easily propagated because every one worked from home and spent a lot of time gossiping and freaking out for no reason. They definitely made some REALLY poor decisions, but there were also a lot of incredible people that were trying to do their best.