Plum District - Old leadership was awful. I hope the new leadership can turn it around. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Plum District

"Old leadership was awful. I hope the new leadership can turn it around."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Plum District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people, cool office, catered lunches, most people are smart

Cons

The daily deal industry is tanking, so it makes no sense to join a company in that space. People are lied to and held in the dark. Leadership is very secretive.

Advice to Management

Again, I worked under the old CEO and leadership team, but it was not a well run company. I hear the new CEO is better but it's still a dying industry. I would avoid it.

Other Employee Reviews for Plum District

1. "A company that has been reborn with new leadership, vision and enthusiasm without losing its core vision, serving Moms."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Plum District full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With Susan Kim and Jennifer Nuckles at the helm, Plum District has morphed into a multimedia platform that offers increased marketing, branding and advertising options to our merchant base, while at the same time engaging our subscribers even more successfully. This allows each merchant to have a unique campaign with Plum District and heightens the user experience. Their new vision makes the job of the sales person easier with a variety of tools at their disposal to acquire new business. A salesperson can pitch a unique promotion and usually the management team will give it a whirl, as creativity is encouraged.

Cons

Remote employment does not allow for the office camaraderie that an office environment would foster. East Coast has a 3 hour time lag to West Coast, so there is work into the evening hours.

Advice to Management

As Plum begins to grow again, keep the lines of communication open, so that we can be as nimble and flexible as the company is currently. Keep experimenting and trying new ideas.

2. "The Real Pivot"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Plum District full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New Leadership with fresh and inspiring ideas! Intelligent co-workers. Challenging and motivating work. Room to grow.

Cons

The company went through fast/dramatic changes last year which affected morale. It took new leadership and transparency to re-energize the company.