Podium - Best company I've worked at | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Everyone here strives to help each other and has a great culture" (in 10 reviews)

• "Podium has a great work environment full of people trying to help you succeed in your roll" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast paced environment, is not for everyone" (in 8 reviews)

• "Not knowing all the employees because we are growing so fast" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Best company I've worked at"

Current Employee - Product Manager
Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Podium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've actually worked for some other great tech companies in Utah that generate a lot of buzz and are overall really good companies to work for. For me, Podium has been by far the best!

I've never seen a leadership team so invested and actually care about the people that work for them the way that the current management team does.

I think the way that the executive team focuses on transparency and keeping in touch with their employees has created a culture that most people here work hard and work together - in every department.

Cons

The company is growing a lot and so it keeps us moving at a fast pace. I think it is actually a good thing that we've been okay to pivot and change direction - these decisions show me that we're willing to do what's right.

Advice to Management

Keep staying "grounded" and showing you care about employees - it goes a long way and I think you're doing an excellent job!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at Podium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work every day with people who genuinely care about building a great company and a great product. From the CEO and executives to the newest entry level employee, everyone gives 100%.

There are many opportunities to step up and learn new things. I appreciate being trusted as I learn and sometimes mess up on my way to mastering new things.

Cons

Like any fast-growing startup, sometimes plans and directions change quickly and it can be frustrating. This comes with the territory and may not be for everyone.

A couple of disgruntled former employees who leave one-star glassdoor reviews over and over again.

"Best of times ... Until it's the worst of times"

I worked at Podium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Podium is full of life and excitement. There are so many creative, bright, hard-working people who work here. In every department there is a great opportunity to build personal relationships, which always makes work a great place to be.

Cons

On the surface level, Podium fits the mold of a best place to work. But on a much deeper level there are some very serious issues. Perhaps the most detrimental problem at Podium is this: the CEO has no qualms about tyrannizing those around him, and the rest of the executive team excuses his behavior despite it being unethical and irrational.

Advice to Management

Ask for honest feedback from your employees. Look at reviews and other comments as an opportunity to change. And think about what makes a great founder vs a great CEO; the traits that make a brilliant founder are not always transferable to an incredible CEO.

Discover more reviews about Podium.