Pollo Tropical - I haven't seen so much chicken in my life, I guess that shows that people love chicken, It's a lot of hard work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pollo Tropical

"I haven't seen so much chicken in my life, I guess that shows that people love chicken, It's a lot of hard work."

Current Employee - Crew, Personnel in Hialeah, FL
Current Employee - Crew, Personnel in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Pollo Tropical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful Food
Employee Discounts
Job Security

Cons

The music can be at times too loud.
Lets face it most of the time we are all hot and sweaty.
The pay is sorry, not worth moving up in the chain for 1 more dollar raise (more responsibilities than it's worth for the change to salary base pay).

Advice to Management

In this job our uniforms get extremely worn out and we would like at least 5 for the week, that's
what makes sense, so like that everyone has sufficient uniforms to look good and clean and new. Please make your shirts something we can purchase in-expensively so we can buy on our own, stop making us dependent on asking for uniforms when most of us just have 2 shirts
and been asking for some time now and we are still left without an answer and our uniforms look terrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Pollo Tropical

1. "Awesome co-workers. Hostile environment."

Pros

The meals, discounts, co-workers were awesome. We had a team environment.

Cons

Management, hours, environment was hostile. Was threatened to be fired and watched other people go through it as well.

2. "Good starting job"

Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Sunny Isles Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Drive Through Cashier in Sunny Isles Beach, FL

I worked at Pollo Tropical part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since i had no previous work experience, i was lucky enough to get this in the first place.
    I had 50% off on anything i bought, my co-workers were SUPER nice, and the managers were friendly. During the lunch/dinner rush when things would get stressful, the assistant manager was very nice and always helped me out.

Cons

I basically had to do 3 jobs for $7.67/h
    I had to run around like a crazy chicken for 7 hours because i was on drive-through. I feel like i was in charge of too many things at once, though at the same time it was SUPER fun to run and slide on the floor with those work shoes haha. Even though this is the part that i hated the most, i feel like it taught me how to multitask and how to work under pressure.
    I left because i wanted to focus on school; i wouldn't recommend this job to a full-time student.