PolyScience - Not a lot of structure, not a lot of supervision | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PolyScience

"Not a lot of structure, not a lot of supervision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have never had such freedom to do my job the way I think it should be done. Management of salaried employees is great for those of us who know what we're doing and can act like grown ups in the workplace.

Cons

If they paid me any less, I'd have to go on food stamps. I won't be there for long.

Advice to Management

Try paying people what their worth. Try paying people the local average, at least.

Other Employee Reviews for PolyScience

1. "Never boring."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Pros

Great people, knowledgeable, a community. World Class - Lean Manufacturing. Innovative and interesting product development. Has a good history in the market place.

Cons

Never ending work load, although it is better to be busy than slow. A larger facility is needed. Could offer more basic training on product operation - would improve manufacturing ability - quality.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on training employees and involvement with development of product (team) - why and how product works - assembly practices, you may be pleasantly surprised at the knowledge of and ideas from all employees. Solicit feedback and listen.

"Lacking..."

Pros

Most of the employees here are wonderfully skilled people that know how to do their jobs

Cons

Management often has little idea on how to handle issues, mainly thanks to the president of the company wanting everyone to perform too many different projects at one time. Unfortunately this is an 'everything has to be done yesterday' environment, and a lot of the times what needs to be done hasn't even been properly laid out or specified. I personally do not feel I was properly trained at all. I feel that a lot of good talent there is being wasted on management that doesn't quite know what to do, based on the president wanting way too much.