Polyclinic - Polyclinic employment is a sure disappointment due to phony management and blatant disregard for staff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Polyclinic

"Polyclinic employment is a sure disappointment due to phony management and blatant disregard for staff."

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- a learning experience showing just how much a healthcare professional can take before quitting.

-the pay is average

Cons

The Polyclinic orientation is a façade. Outside vendors supply their onboarding literature - no originality, creativity or vision. There is awful buffoonery during Polyclinic attempted software instruction. During your orientation they ask you to sign their job description agreement, and it has two pages of medical assistant duties, and then at the end, there is a clause that basically says management can ask you to do what ever management directs. A medical assistant may be asked to: change your job title everyday, empty garbage everyday, perhaps they'll ask you to do something outside your scope. Who knows? They ought to make you write that part of their job description out in long hand to make sure you recognize it. It's wrong to take advantage of a new medical assistant by asking them to sign a document which states Polyclinic can ask a medical assistant to do anything. Polyclinic hoodwinks new medical assistants at most vulnerable time, and they really ought to be ashamed of that.

The folks who represent management run an obvious rigged game. You can tell by the way they speak to you, an hourly employee, and the way they speak with each other. These are folks who have no insight in healthcare, or care for their medical assistants, let alone the people who come there to provide revenue, or may really be looking for medical help. The management at Polyclinic is fake. It's best to speak with Polyclinic management like you are trying out to be in a toilet paper commercial.

If you expect to keep your job here: do maintain a blunted affect; do not look at anyone directly; do keep your smartphone in your hand to appear awake, but allowing you to avoid direct communication with anyone while your at Polyclinic, do not exceed a working vocabulary of 200 or so words; speak in fragments, blend out, become a fixture.

As an employee, its understood you have nothing to say. Don't expect your attempts at email with supervisors to be answered. Supervisors have no shame in flagrantly ignoring you. There is no honest "above-board" employee communication at Polyclinic.

If your intention is to professionally help people who need help, this is not the place for you.
Polyclinic seems to be deaf (they don't want to hear or listen) and dumb (mgmt appears to not have real experience with people). Like other folks have said here, patient care is really an afterthought.

Other Employee Reviews for Polyclinic

"Clinic"

Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Polyclinic gave me a chance when I had to move up here from Santa Barbara.
    That's why I gave them a couple of stars.
    I liked most of my coworkers when I worked here, and a part of me misses the people here.
    However, I had to be satisfied with 2% raise every year for a cost of living adjustment which translated into $0.45 raise for me at the time of my employment.
    I now get paid way more working for a health plan.
    I am sad that I get treated better & make more money sitting in front of a computer all day rather than actually taking care of patients.
    I don't think this is Polyclinc's fault, but there is seriously something wrong with our healthcare structure here!

Cons

Horrible PTO plan unless you plan on working for Polyclinic for >20 years
    High copay for your medical insurance (you can easily spend $1,000 on copays alone each year)
    Crappy Dental Plan
    Employees have to pay to park at Polyclinic in order to work for Polyclinic which is a great profit generating system for Polyclinic.
    Polyclinic is very smart!

Advice to Management

I don't understand how they can promote more MAs to upper management over nurses who work so hard at providing the highest level of care.

"Well, my paycheck hasn't bounced"

Current Employee - Clerical in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Clerical in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are really great; location is close to transit; nice having doctors around in case you pass out; steady paycheck and a 401k.

Cons

Benefits have been slashed, this hurts since I don't make $100k a year; some doctors are borderline abusive to their employees, it appears to be tolerated by upper management; you will go nowhere here unless you have a college degree, even if it is a BA in Underwater Basket Weaving; COLA raises have been all but eliminated.

Advice to Management

Institute a bonus structure for the little people actually doing the work.