Polycom - Very disappointing and can't see it getting any better any time soon | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

"Very disappointing and can't see it getting any better any time soon"

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Polycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people make this company
Technology

Cons

The continued push towards this direct touch sales model
Cutting channel resources in favour for more direct sales people

Advice to Management

Wake up, drop the arrogance and do away with this rubbish direct touch/selling model. Polycom is a channel led company and it is our channels who transact with customers.
Start to employ more people who understand channels and what is important to them...we don't need anymore ex Cisco people.

Other Employee Reviews for Polycom

"Horrible! People do not work together"

Former Employee - Senior Video Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Video Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Polycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE. I disliked every day I was there.

Cons

No one works together. No one tells anyone what they are doing. People come and go all the time.

Advice to Management

Get your employees to work together.

2. "Teleworking SE for Polycom is dream job"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Oxford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Oxford, CT

Pros

Great industry, great products, great people. I was given all the resources...to be successful. I was given all the education...to keep current. I was given all the tools...to get the job done. I worked in the telecommunications business...in a brick and mortar building for decades...but there are not alot of telecom manufacturers in my geographical area. When the opportunity at Polycom came along...I was able to transition (with the right communication tools provided by Polycom) to the workplace of the future (home/office). These included hosted VoIP service for PSTN access, wireless access for cell and laptop, video codec for multiparty video conferencing, MS Lync for UC collaboration...and much more. It was excellent to see the telecom business change from analog to digital to proprietary VoIP to Open SIP VoIP...but to actually use it to be a productive teleworker is a dream.

Cons

The only downside that comes to mind is not being able to have lunch or go out after work...with fellow employees to share (in a group format on a regular basis) the personal side of life.

Advice to Management

If you are new to the company...do the research to find out the true value to the brand and how it was achieved...and integrate this into forward strategic plans. It is not possible to take a company from "point A" to "point B"...even if you have a great idea of what "point B" is...if you don't know what point A is.