PoolCorp - MIT program offers HUGE opportunities! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp

"MIT program offers HUGE opportunities!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is growing and is looking for young and motivated talent to grow with them. I feel like I am part of a team here and everyone looks to one another like brothers and sisters. PoolCorps MIT program was a stepping stone for me in my career and allowed me to forge my own path.

Cons

Working for PoolCorp isn't always easy but, I love the challenge. This is a blue collar industry where hard work and dedication is rewarded. If it weren't for the MIT program I would probably be working for some company doing useless paperwork and watching the clock. But here, I make decisions everyday that affects my branch and our business.

Advice to Management

As a branch manager I love to promote from within. Find good outgoing and motivated candidates for our MIT program here and send them my way!

Other Employee Reviews for PoolCorp

1. "The only company I've worked for where I look forward to coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique corporate culture, business model, and vision to expand the industry, autonomy, consistent opportunity for growth and advancement, great communication from top to bottom of the hierarchy, and room to shine.

Cons

The operations side of the company could have more continuing educational resources and programs to work with at the sales center level somewhat like the sales side does.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the MIT program and finding new ways to make it even better.

"Treats their employees very well"

Current Employee - MIT in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - MIT in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, even beyond monetary ones. Company really puts employees first. Good company cohesion, everyone is willing to work together. Great training program.

Cons

Seems slightly like a blue collar corporate environment at times. Some customers seem desperately behind the times, and this causes them to sometimes be difficult to work with. Salaries can be a bit low

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees well, but bring salaries to a more competitive levels to retain employees longer.