PoolCorp - The Drawbacks of a Publically Owned Co. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp

"The Drawbacks of a Publically Owned Co."

Former Employee - CDL Delivery Truck Driver
Former Employee - CDL Delivery Truck Driver

Pros

Good Benifits, needed time off handled appropriately, access to tecnical info is good, monthly meetings for updates and to handle problems were consistant.

Cons

Poor rate of pay, response to problems was very slow or non - existant in some cases, bullying by senior employees was a problem, inappropriate shifting of responsibilities was cronic, over sight of poor employee relations was inconsistant. Inconsistant price changes to certain customers was rampant where big customers received unfair loww prices and small customers received unfair high prices. This resulted in a high rate of theft.

Advice to Management

Keeping low wages to satisfy investors return is not condusive to a well functioning company and that will produce better returns. A better model for assignment of responsibilities is needed. Less emphasis on the importance of senior employees where production over-rides quality of results.

Other Employee Reviews for PoolCorp

1. "Avis"

Former Employee - Commis in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Commis in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at PoolCorp (Less than a year)

Pros

Bon inventaire. Facile d'accès. Prix concurrentiel sur certains articles, surtout pour les produits Haywards.

Cons

Mauvais services, système de travail inefficace, aucun moyen d'avancement dans la compagnie. Vieille mentalité.

"LOVE THIS PLACE!"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Covington, LA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working as a contract employee in the IT department for 6 months now, and I'm due to become permanent any day. Since day one, I have been treated with immense respect and care from management and have been given the responsibility and authority I have craved for so long. My ideas are given consideration and I am included as a member of the team in all aspects. In my previous working experience, I have never been treated as well as I have at POOLCORP.

Cons

From what I hear and have yet to experience, the health insurance and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees with the same care and respect that you do now, but don't forget that operating as a big business with a small business mindset will only get you so far.