Porch - I'm happy :) | Glassdoor
  1. "I'm happy :)"

I have been working at Porch full-time

Pros

The people are great, the snacks are ever-flowing, and the commitment to fun events and activities is great

Cons

Sometimes the work/life balance isn't ideal and if you're not comfortable with minimal direction this may not be your place

Porch2018-09-25
  1. "Worth it if you know what you are doing."

Current Employee - Local Market Specialist II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is great. You can grow outside of your role.

Cons

If you are not used to change it is hard to adjust. Understanding the product and being able to adjust is a must. You need to have sales experience or the ability to learn fast.

Porch2019-09-14
  2. "Great Coworkers, Difficult for Long Term Growth"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ The people. Porch is a company that attracts young and diverse employees, which results in an incredibly fun work environment. I've made some lifelong friends during my time at Porch + The location is pretty awesome - right down in SoDo near the stadiums with some great food all around

Cons

+ Work like this is typically a stop gap measure for people - build some experience and move onto bigger things. It was rare to see people promoted and elevated internally, at least when I was there. My Account Management team went through 4 managers in 1 calendar year, and all 4 were external hires. No wonder they all ended up washing out. In a customer facing role, the key to success is understanding the customer,... and there were plenty of strong candidates to choose from internally + Management does not do a great job at listening and learning from the people in the trenches. The all-hands meetings seem a bit manufactured.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

Porch2019-09-17

Discover more reviews about Porch.