Porch - Best company I've worked for! | Glassdoor
  1. "Best company I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career: I've work for startups in the past where you have the ability to grow your career by wearing multiple hats at the company. This usually includes building web components, building services for the web to consume, then maybe some devops work to maintain the infrastructure to run in. At Porch, I've had the opportunity to 10x that by working in almost every part of the company. As long as you're engaged you... will be able to climb the ladder quickly here. I've had to opportunity to work with technology I wouldn't normally be able to work with at other companies [kubernetes, docker, scala, .netcore, kafka, node, react, etc]. The engineering department ROCKS! People: The people at Porch are great! Our CEO strives to keep people honest about the core values here and you can see it everyday working here. The engineering department has the smartest people I've ever worked with and I've had the opportunity to learn so much from everyone here. Work/Life: I have a family and it's hard to find a company that respects your personal time. Porch encourages you to take time off and doesn't make a fuss if you need to leave work early to pick your kid up from school. As long as you're getting you're work done and are engaged with the team, you're good to go!

Cons

As of today, there are no downsides to working here.

Porch2018-09-28
  1. "Worth it if you know what you are doing."

Current Employee - Local Market Specialist II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is great. You can grow outside of your role.

Cons

If you are not used to change it is hard to adjust. Understanding the product and being able to adjust is a must. You need to have sales experience or the ability to learn fast.

Porch2019-09-14
  2. "Great Coworkers, Difficult for Long Term Growth"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ The people. Porch is a company that attracts young and diverse employees, which results in an incredibly fun work environment. I've made some lifelong friends during my time at Porch + The location is pretty awesome - right down in SoDo near the stadiums with some great food all around

Cons

+ Work like this is typically a stop gap measure for people - build some experience and move onto bigger things. It was rare to see people promoted and elevated internally, at least when I was there. My Account Management team went through 4 managers in 1 calendar year, and all 4 were external hires. No wonder they all ended up washing out. In a customer facing role, the key to success is understanding the customer,... and there were plenty of strong candidates to choose from internally + Management does not do a great job at listening and learning from the people in the trenches. The all-hands meetings seem a bit manufactured.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

Porch2019-09-17

Discover more reviews about Porch.