Porter Novelli - Best internship I've ever had! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Porter Novelli

"Best internship I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

This internship is by far one of the best out there. Interns are involved in all aspects of life at the agency, from brainstorm sessions to writing to pitching. Senior management went above and beyond to accommodate us. I had daily interaction with account VPs and they took the time to get to know me and my career goals. We even had the opportunity to present our intern project to Gary Stockman, CEO, which is not something many interns can say they did. My PN internship has opened so many doors for me with the job application process. Very grateful. Also, pay is great for a college student ($12+ an hour, time and a half for any overtime). The "benefit" of an included monthly NYC metro card was very helpful.

Cons

All of the interns were assigned to different teams so our experiences differed from one another. Mine was extremely positive overall but I know an intern who didn't have as great an experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with this program! Maybe for next year hold a meeting to discuss any potential openings in PN offices for interns to apply for or what the next steps would be for us to stay in contact with HR throughout our senior year.

Other Employee Reviews for Porter Novelli

1. "Diverse and Supportive"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

Porter Novelli has been an awesome place to work - I've been so lucky to have a wide variety of experiences that have led to my professional growth.

Cons

Some teams have better leadership (senior/middle management) than others and unfortunately, this can really impact your quality of work exerience. If you can find the right opportunity - it is an amazing place.

Advice to Management

You are moving in the right direction - keep maintaing transparency with your employees (not just middle/senior management) and engaging them to reboot and continue growth.

2. "Amazing experience- apply now!"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

I can't say enough good things about PN! As an intern, I was respected and given a lot of responsibility, which is something I can't say about other internship opportunities. The department I worked in treated be like one of their own, and even senior management made an effort to get to know me, and I'm still in touch with some of them today. I feel so prepared for a future career in PR after my experience at PN. Plus, it's paid!

Cons

It was very stressful at times because PN works at a fast pace (at least my department did). But I guess that's PR for you!

Advice to Management

Keep praising interns and encouraging innovation, because they will be running the show one day soon! Also, consider hiring from the intern pool since we all seem to love it so much.