Porter Wright Morris & Arthur - The senior partners were terrible at delegating tasks but the associates seemed great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Porter Wright Morris & Arthur

"The senior partners were terrible at delegating tasks but the associates seemed great."

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

The company is in down-town D.C. just a few blocks from the White House. It has fairly good name recognition and allows me to credibly claim experience in the field I want to work in.

Cons

I was lied to about the opportunity to move from a intern to a full-time position. Despite receiving no negative feedback I was also told at the end of the internship that I could not use any materials for my future portfolio.

Advice to Management

I would mandate personnel management classes for the senior partners and anyone in charge of supervising others. The current system leaves room for fiefdoms of tyranny.

Other Employee Reviews for Porter Wright Morris & Arthur

1. "PWMA"

I worked at Porter Wright Morris & Arthur full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, experienced attorneys, reasonable hours (for biglaw), overall a good place to work. As a first year or lateral, I would recommend PWMA as a place to go.

Cons

The DC office is remote from the main office in Ohio- figuratively and literally, so there is often a feeling of being left out or left behind compared to the offices in the rest of the firm.

2. "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Naples, FL

I worked at Porter Wright Morris & Arthur (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very fair management, excellent working conditions, beautiful offices and great benefits.

Cons

Large workload at times, but it is manageable.

Advice to Management

None