Portrait Innovations - Company has good structure but the managers that are supposed to maintain structure are terrible! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Portrait Innovations

"Company has good structure but the managers that are supposed to maintain structure are terrible!"

Former Employee - Studio Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ
Former Employee - Studio Sales Associate in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay okay. Bonus Potential. Fun.

Cons

Regional manager was lazy, immature, did not pay attention to what was actually going on in the studios.

Advice to Management

Stop being lazy. Promote the right people.

Other Employee Reviews for Portrait Innovations

1. "Leadership change"

Former Employee - MOD/Associate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - MOD/Associate in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very few aspects of this company that can be considered "pros" and it is very hard to state the positives since all locations are different. I was lucky enough to work with a staff that was different from all the rest. We cared for each other and any "bad apples" weeded themselves out.

We looked out for each other. There is an overall atmosphere of the BIG BAD TOP MANAGEMENT. But we stayed of their radar for a few years. We loved or studio/jobs. More importantly we loved each other and our sales reflected positively because of the massive amounts of respect at our studio.

Cons

The obvious cons have been stated over and again by other ex-employees. Corporate is only concerned about sales numbers and "hates" their employees. Sure I agree with this but I feel that top management has the right to make money, since the company as a whole is starting to fail. They have the right to find the best employees to do the job.

Where my issue starts is in who they place in the manager position and the drama filled atmosphere, as if high school never ended for the employees at PI. Manager expectations are high but its easy for bosses to blame employees for failures. Managers have no direct supervision yet lower associates are watched like hawks. If lower associates possess any knowledge of mature, respectful, leadership they get "dealt" with and are pushed out. Either by managers making their work lives hell or managers run to upper management with skewed stories of insubordination or employee trouble makers.

Employees that take the high road and try to deal with bad bosses maturely, get put on a "job in jeopardy." This is on top of having to keep sales numbers high and dealing with customers who feel entitled to get everything for next to nothing whilst fighting you and the process.

Advice to Management

Understand and follow your own protocols and manuals. Leadership is key for success. Writing all the right leadership attributes in your management handbooks is only half the battle. Implementing them is the other side of running your business. Make sure when dealing with "trouble making" employees to interview the employee in question and don't rely on managers to give you a realistic, un-biased, explanation of any situation.

Hold managers to a higher standard and if their studio is failing to meet the numbers you expect, look to the leader insted of firing or punishing the employee with bad sales numbers. The employees may be expected by their managers to use sales techniques you frown upon and the managers will deny all of it to save their employment.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Associate in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none. Company is a joke

Cons

It's horrible make you work long hours don't give you time to spend with your family those whole company is a joke they don't care about there employees I am so glad I no longer work fr them its not worth it

Advice to Management

Teach your studio managers to be just a regular employee and not someone who just sits back