Portrait Innovations - Great pay, advancement opportunity, and vacation package, but limited health/FMLA perks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Portrait Innovations

"Great pay, advancement opportunity, and vacation package, but limited health/FMLA perks"

Former Employee - Studio Manager in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Studio Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent earning potential, fast advancement, strong team environment, goal-oriented, relocation allowance

Cons

More of a sales job than a photography job, no health insurance, no FMLA leave, relocation is often necessary to advance

Advice to Management

I only worked under one studio manager, who was ambitious, thorough, and dedicated the store and staff's success, and had 4 different regional managers (I worked in 3 different regions), who fit the same description.

In my opinion, the only way that management could improve, would be to emphasize the sales aspect of the job more in recruiting and hiring. All to often, new recruits would have lots of photography experience, but no sales skills, and would be very inflexible in learning or understanding the process.

I would also recommend a more solid cultivation of managers. I noticed that there were often managers who got promoted who should not have been, and their studios and staff suffered deficits and high turnover as a result.

Other Employee Reviews for Portrait Innovations

"Narrow minded, money hungry corporate fast food photography"

Former Employee - Studio Manager in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Studio Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

photography and working with kids and family

Cons

no guidance or feedback from upper management on improving,
    corporate only cares abou bringing in the money not cusotmer service, quality products or taking care of employees that work 80 hour work weeks

2. "AVOID THIS JOB."

Current Employee - Studio Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Studio Sales Associate in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Portrait Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Avoid this job at all costs, you will sacrifice your life for not enough pay. During off season times, you will sit around bored to death. Terrible place to work, extremely FAKE.

Cons

Poor management. Not professional. Competition and trash talk amongst coworkers. No flexibility in schedule. Inconsistent hours. Management and associates are completely FAKE. You must lie to customers to get sales. If you don't meet sales goals they will fire you.

Advice to Management

Make sure you compliment your employees once in awhile. Don't just say how they aren't doing things right. Be appreciative for hard work. Listen to your employees and take action when something is wrong.