Employee Review

1. Postmates - Fleet | Division of Postmates Fleet
    5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Having an awesome experience!

Nov 26, 2014 - Courier in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is my first month, and I'm loving Postmates so far! It's extremely flexible, I'm earning decent side income, and I love that it's app-based. This is not hard work at all and I enjoy driving around my town discovering new restaurants and meeting customers (job support are awesome as well). THIS IS NOT EMPLOYMENT. I've seen so many complaints and even a Facebook page striking against Postmates because of wages. First of all...before reading the other comments, learn the different between an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR and an EMPLOYEE. People are expecting companies like Postmates, Uber, Lyft to pay all this money, benefits, etc. when these are simply ways to SUPPLEMENT your income, not to be your primary income! Please keep that in mind because a lot of people are confused about the opportunities the "sharing economy" is offering. Also know with any of these companies, the money you make depends on your area. I know they say you "can" make $25/hr but come on....at the end of the day that is no guarantee. That should already be obvious people. Entrepreneurial-minded people know this, I have no clue why employee-minded individuals don't. With that being said, if you're looking to ADD TO YOUR INCOME, Postmates is perfect. Especially if you have a car. Delivering in San Diego, CA, I honestly can't see anyone doing this on a bike out here (maybe unless you live downtown) because everything's so spread out that I don't get many orders that wouldn't require a car. *TIP* If you decide to work for Postmates and it's your only income, do not think putting in more hours is going to make this full-time income. Work for Postmates, do your deliveries, but also look for a full-time job, look for other side hustles (because this is a SIDE hustle), and/or even plan to start your own business. Stop depending on other companies to "earn a livable wage" because these companies don't care about your bills. No employer does. Take control of your own life...if you can't find a job, make your own. This isn't the only thing that I do and that's why I love it so much because I'm not worried about whether I get orders or not. I just relax and let them roll in. I noticed that the Postmates who are so worried about getting orders, don't get many. Meanwhile I've gotten them back to back for 8 hours straight. Being able to pull in an extra $50-100 per day isn't bad at all for SIDE INCOME. I hope this helps!

Cons

Postmates website. The dashboard should include everything instead of us getting emailed different links. We should be able to long onto a courier site that includes our schedules, pay info, etc. Also, more details about the pay dashboard would be nice. None of this is a big deal to me though.

10 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great way to earn extra bucks!!

Apr 14, 2021 - Self Employed in Long Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discover new restaurants and sometimes you get nice fat tips!

Cons

Sometimes you drive like 18 min from the restaurant to make the delivery and only make like $3 bucks almost 4 lol all bad! And then to top it off they have the nerve not to tip!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former, more than 1 year

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Jul 3, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Don’t have a boss breathing down your neck. Don’t have coworkers to deal with. Can turn the app on and work whenever you want *BUT* you have to consider that it’s not a true “work whenever you want” job Bc order come through due to supply and demand. Most drivers work during busy times and lunch/dinner is when it’s busy. If you feel like work late at night/early morning, it might not be busy Bc ppl are not putting in orders.

Cons

Extremely low pay; puts miles on your car depreciating it’s value; increasing frequency of costly repairs- oil change, tires, breaks; I DO NOT recommend this company . Many people don’t tip which is the only way it makes it semi-profitable. Expenses (gas, repairs, tires, oil changes, breaks, etc.) are extremely high as it is with the auto mechanic industry and repairs will take away half the profit. Taxes take another 25% off the top of income, leaving drivers with next to nothing. Then you’re left with a vehicle that now has high mileage and therefore worth considerably less and consequently falling apart. I highly suggest you don’t consider delivery driving as a full time or even part time job unless you enjoy living homeless in your car. You will work 16+ hours per day every single day and won’t even PROFIT 1000 per week. And 1/3rd of your money will go back into the gas tank which is always costing more. Terribly business model that only CEOs and higher ups executives profit from and they employ desperate poor and disadvantaged Americans to use, for that profit.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Postmates Fleet.