Potbelly Sandwich Works - great food | Glassdoor

"great food"

Pros

good food great ingredients fresh.

Cons

low volume through out the day.

Other Employee Reviews for Potbelly Sandwich Works

"Strung Along"

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Potbelly Sandwich Works full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a strong set of values that can be found in a document called "The Potbelly Advantage." The values and other parts of the document act as a resource of how to run the business. It's one of the reasons I am so passionate about the company. Some of the values the company embraces are food loving, integrity, and accountability; there are others, and I believe in all of them. I do my best to demonstrate the Potbelly Advantage while I perform my job as well in my personal life.
    At most of the stores I've worked at the people have a strong sense of teamwork and are willing to learn more and increase their capabilities.
    It might be food service, but it's a place where you can give the customers a different experience than most places. I truly value that.

Cons

Advancement opportunities for internal employees seems to be more difficult than it should be. Even when you do everything you're asked and more there is a chance you will be strung along. For the first time I am reconsidering my employment with the company.
    There are times the values mentioned in the pros don't seem to be followed by some which is extremely frustrating for those who believe in following best practices. It's hard to watch when the same people breaking the rules seem to get the most praise from upper management. Ironically upper management is theoretically blind to the lack of integrity.
    Managers, including shift leaders get burnt out which at times can lead to a lack of positive energy that customers can see. Which is NOT the leaders intentions!

Advice to Management

Have more faith in the people who work the hardest to execute the Potbelly Advantage.

"managers will get burned out"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Potbelly Sandwich Works full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

being a shift manager in college is awesome. Paid well with decent benefits. company does a good job keeping associate happy. They will bend over backwards to keep associates happy so they can avoid turnover.

Cons

when you become Gm or higher the corporate staff expects you to work only 50 hours a week but that quickly becomes way more when they cut your labor hours. District manager and above wants you to accomplish tasks with small budget, associates that soon realized they can be lazy and wont get fired, while working some nights a week.