Poudre Valley Health System - Treated Unfairly | Glassdoor

"Treated Unfairly"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Large place and a large number of employees, decent benefits, discounts from local stores, Senior management seems to care about employees

Cons

While I really enjoyed working at PVH, the managers that do a poor job managing don't seem to face any repercussions. We were required to fill out surveys on a quarterly basis about what we thought about Senior Management and direct supervisors. My supervisor consistently received low scores and nothing was ever done about it. As soon as my supervisor found out I was applying for jobs in other departments she started treating me differently and suddenly my employee file was gone over with a fine tooth comb. I ended up getting fired for a minor mistake (my one and only) that dozens of other people had made, and they still have their jobs. I was told that the mistake I had made was grounds for immediate termination, but I was suspended for nearly 3 weeks while "under investigation". I'm not a disgruntled employee, I would still like to work at PVH, I just think I was treated unfairly.

Advice to Management

To Senior Management: Pay attention to the MSA surveys. When a supervisor consistently gets poor reviews, shouldn't that tell you something is wrong?

Other Employee Reviews for Poudre Valley Health System

"You Don't Want to Work Here"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Big company, some employee perks, discounts given at from stores in the community, the senior management seems to be friendly.

Cons

While the senior management seems to be friendly and smile in your face, they have knives waiting to stick in your back the moment you turn around and human resources is only there to protect the managers, not the hardworking employee. Retaliation is common practice at PVH.

Advice to Management

Senior management, listen to your employees. The MSA surveys are done for a reason but seem to be a waste of time as nothing good ever comes out of them.

2. "No trust at PVHS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

Stable job opportunities, strives for quality for customers

Cons

Senior management does not listen to employees, leadership is weak. Management positions are filled with whoever will take the job or fill the need and not who is qualified to do the job. There is little if any emphasis on leadership training for those in management. But that may obvioulsy be a top-down issue. And per the previous review 'watch your back at PVHS', my sentiments as well. There is no trust here.

Advice to Management

In addition to the efforts spent trying to achieve every award there is out there, listen to your employees. Strive for strong leadership within your organization. That will very well lead to happier employees which will in-turn lead to a stronger organization.