Power Home Remodeling - A Company That Understands The Value of Employees | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A Company That Understands The Value of Employees"

Pros

The culture at Power is one of the best corporate cultures in the country. The atmosphere is highly supportive, highly motivating and we are provided with endless resources to help us succeed. Wherever you start in the company, if you work hard you will have the chance for unimpeded growth up the corporate ladder. Not only that, the company strives to promote employees from within. The compensation is built with great incentives that serve as daily motivation to stay positive.

Companies often overlook the synergies that are created from rewarding their employees, also known as a companies most valuable asset. The one thing that was made clear to me early on was how much money, time and resources Power allocates to creating the most memorable events for all employees. From picnics, golf outings, conferences and charity events to the most incredible trip to Mexico at the end of the year, every experience is planned with the intentions of making it unforgettable. Not only that, these events build great camaraderie with co-workers you may not have the chance to see on a daily basis. Most recently they held the Power Ryder Cup in Myrtle Beach, SC, which is a company golf tournament made to replicate the actual Ryder Cup. Every part of that event was top notch from start to finish.

Power understands the value of these events and the value of their employees and I am proud to be a company that understands that.

Cons

Have to focus on maintaining a good work life balance with some late nights and weekend shifts. Also, some of the positions are 100% commission so the beginning could be a little difficult when you are going through training.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward your employees the way you do through compensation incentives and fun events. Continue to look at ways to improve our technology even though it is already cutting edge.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Nope"

Former Employee - Marketer in Iselin, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketer in Iselin, NJ

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent environment, liked everyone I worked with. Got a lot of exercise walking all day.

Cons

Long hours. I was told in my interview the hours would be 11-7. For the first week my hours were from 9 till anywhere between 5 and 7, and then after that my hours were 930-8 3 days out of the week and 1030-830 the other 2 days.

Lack of integrity. To set a high number of appointments it is almost necessary to trick and strong-arm homeowners into getting a "free estimate" for things their house really does not need. This "free estimate" is actually just an opportunity to get a sales person in the door to attempt a one pitch close. The company will run homeowners credit without their permission before that sales person is even through the door. I've been dropped off in terrible neighborhoods by myself multiple times that are both unsafe and exclusively renting communities, and then reamed out at the end of the night about not performing.

If you are a nice person and not able to detach yourself emotionally, this is not the job for you. The only home owners I set were people who genuinely were interested in getting the work done, and even then I still felt guilty for roping them into working with power.

This work is absolutely draining. Being outside for 8 hours in 100° heat is almost unbearable. I wouldn't get home till 9 and fall asleep immediately, wake up and 7:30 and get ready to leave and do it all again. Say goodbye to your social life and hobbies. If you don't spend every moment of your life at or thinking about power, you are seen as having a bad attitude.

It took me 2 months to obtain my first permit, so I was constantly soliciting in neighborhoods illegally and was told by the company to use my "aptitude" to talk myself out of tickets.

Advice to Management

Have your "mentors" actually work with new and struggling marketers and not just with their hand picked team of friends. Be more honest with homeowners as well as your employees. Be more transparent about your business practices. Keep in mind that your employees have lives outside of power. Don't allow marketers to walk alone in dangerous neighborhoods.

2. "great company"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent company culture with room to grow

Cons

none I can think of

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

Discover more reviews about Power Home Remodeling.