Power Home Remodeling - My experience at PHRG has been extremely positive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"My experience at PHRG has been extremely positive."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

The pros definitely out weigh the cons at Power. It starts with the training and it is the best training that I have ever received. The training is also ongoing throughout your career at Power and is led by management, mentors, and anyone else who has extra time is usually willing to help. The pay structure, bonuses, and vacation time are also very appealing. We offer high quality products and do work the right way so anyone would feel confident representing our products and services. My favorite part of Power is the opportunity for growth. We only promote from within and as a growing company there are plenty of opportunities to move up as we expand.

Cons

The schedule does take some getting used to since you are on call and we do work on Saturdays. The schedule does get easier when you hit certain mile markers and after some time there is a good chance you will not have to work on Saturdays. We do drive a good amount and in the DC area we have a ton of traffic so that can be frustrating .

Advice to Management

Keep having your employees fill out surveys on their likes and dislikes about PHRG. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"ITS A J.O.B (just over broke)"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chester, PA

Pros

In these tough economic times it does provide somewhat of a liveable income. Friendly coworkers and the immediate managers are also friendly and reliable

Cons

No transparency within the pay structure since you only get paid if the salesman "demos" the product. There is a $600 base, but in order to make commision you need to make up the base which is attaining 20 estimates. Average rep gets about 24 estimates in a pay period. Quarterly bonuses are hard to hit, and you only get one tenth of your sales volume at the end of the year only if your sales net $1,000,000. Weekly work schedule fluctuates. There is also a high turnover rate which is another red flag. Useful feedback from the reps is often dismissed as negativity by management. Instead of disclosing problems with the department, management often "sweeps the problems under the rug" which leads to many losing trust in the company. Most importantly there is no growth potential within the inside sales department. The only growth most people will experience is giving it a shot in outside sales.

Advice to Management

Since you consider the outbound marketing department and inside sales department entry level sales postions, treat them like sales jobs. Utilize a tracking system so that the rep can see their lead develop into an issued appointment, or a cancelled appointment, and let them have more overall control over what happens to their leads. More transparency would lead to a positive attitude within the department. Be more honset with your employees in regards to their pay, growth potential, and where they stand within the department.

2. "Nothing but positive energy & pushing to be your best from coworkers & management"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cranford, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cranford, NJ

Pros

Its a great place to have a career. They only promote from within so everybody has an equal chance to move up. If you give 100% there is excellent earning potential. You are given all the tools & support needed to succeed so all you have to bring is a good work ethic. Power always has promotions going on like iPads, trips, tv's & sports tickets. It's a fast growing company with many different opportunities for career advancement.

Cons

The hours are tough sometimes. Appointments can run late & your on call all day but on average you only work anywhere from 2hrs & up a day

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you guys are doing, I am proud to say that I'm part of the Power family!