Power Home Remodeling - My experience at PHRG has been extremely positive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"My experience at PHRG has been extremely positive."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

The pros definitely out weigh the cons at Power. It starts with the training and it is the best training that I have ever received. The training is also ongoing throughout your career at Power and is led by management, mentors, and anyone else who has extra time is usually willing to help. The pay structure, bonuses, and vacation time are also very appealing. We offer high quality products and do work the right way so anyone would feel confident representing our products and services. My favorite part of Power is the opportunity for growth. We only promote from within and as a growing company there are plenty of opportunities to move up as we expand.

Cons

The schedule does take some getting used to since you are on call and we do work on Saturdays. The schedule does get easier when you hit certain mile markers and after some time there is a good chance you will not have to work on Saturdays. We do drive a good amount and in the DC area we have a ton of traffic so that can be frustrating .

Advice to Management

Keep having your employees fill out surveys on their likes and dislikes about PHRG. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"ITS A J.O.B (just over broke)"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Chester, PA

Pros

In these tough economic times it does provide somewhat of a liveable income. Friendly coworkers and the immediate managers are also friendly and reliable

Cons

No transparency within the pay structure since you only get paid if the salesman "demos" the product. There is a $600 base, but in order to make commision you need to make up the base which is attaining 20 estimates. Average rep gets about 24 estimates in a pay period. Quarterly bonuses are hard to hit, and you only get one tenth of your sales volume at the end of the year only if your sales net $1,000,000. Weekly work schedule fluctuates. There is also a high turnover rate which is another red flag. Useful feedback from the reps is often dismissed as negativity by management. Instead of disclosing problems with the department, management often "sweeps the problems under the rug" which leads to many losing trust in the company. Most importantly there is no growth potential within the inside sales department. The only growth most people will experience is giving it a shot in outside sales.

Advice to Management

Since you consider the outbound marketing department and inside sales department entry level sales postions, treat them like sales jobs. Utilize a tracking system so that the rep can see their lead develop into an issued appointment, or a cancelled appointment, and let them have more overall control over what happens to their leads. More transparency would lead to a positive attitude within the department. Be more honset with your employees in regards to their pay, growth potential, and where they stand within the department.

2. "Power Home Remodeling has changed my life"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

I started working here after a horrible job. It truly takes a bad job to appreciate a good one. If you've never had a bad job, the grass is always going to look greener on the other side. In any other job you could be sitting next to a person with the same job title as you, and you can work harder than them but at the end of the day you will still get paid the same. At power its different. At this company you get paid on your performance. If you work hard and show results you get paid more. If you don't, then you wont' make as much money. That's how commission jobs work. The culture is amazing, the management is down to earth and the promotions the company throws at its employees are simply out of this world amazing. I started working at power when i was 23 in March of 2010. A few months later, i was financially independent, bought a brand new car and had more money that i knew what to do with. I had to call my dad and ask him how do you start saving for retirement.

Cons

The only downside of this job, would be the driving. it personally does not bother me, but i have heard some people complain about it. If your successful, and your earning good commissions you'll drive everywhere. However if your not doing good its very easy to become negative and usually it starts with "I hate driving". The funny thing is, your driving to appointments where you can make money.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to them. The great thing about this company is when there are problems, or the employees aren't happy, the management immediately changes things to accommodate the employees. They try very hard to keep us happy and motivated. I love that when we give them feedback you actually get to see them apply it and truly use it!!!.