Power Home Remodeling - Realistic Outlook of a strong company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"Realistic Outlook of a strong company"

Former Employee - Marketer in Melville, NY
Former Employee - Marketer in Melville, NY

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am former employee of PHRG and have only left because a career in the U.S. Air Force has caused me to side step my progression through the company's promotional ladder. The company is growing and expanding which opens up future positions in all facets of any corporation. The company provides training to new and experienced sales/marketers which directly lead to high levels of income through an individuals effort. If you are motivated to work hard, no matter your background, you have the ability to earn a high level of income unseen in any company. In terms of the corporate culture the men and women you work with are continuously upbeat and motivated; everyone is there to help one another as well as work with a unified goal. The people you work with will undoubtedly become lasting friends. It is an overall experience that you will not forget.

Cons

I honestly do not have a poor word to say about the company. I would rather rebut the negative comments I have seen below with a factual description. You do not loose your social life with this job. The quoted "8/9 p.m" close of a shift is a fabrication. The hours of a work day go no later than 8 p.m. and it is highly encouraged that the day end before that time. Like I said previously you make more money with the effort you put in, and 8 o'clock is simply the max hour in which you able to work. It is not a requirement to be speaking with your VP after the work day is over, but it does happen. We speak with our VP because it is a central meeting place in which everyone meets socially after the day to share a few laughs and stories of the day. Not one manager I have worked with has ever given me a reason to label them selfish. The managers are there to help, train, motivate, and coordinate the days events. Every single manager currently working does what they can so you will yield the largest paychecks you will see. The idea that a sales rep needs to do their job well for you to bonus is also misinformation. The company has developed numerous bonuses to put money into your pocket, and the specific bonus that involves our sales reps is within the control of the marketer if they are doing their job as they are trained to do. If you are scared of a little weather the company also operates in retail locations as well. In terms of positive/negative criticisms: if you are doing your job well you will not only be making a bunch of money but will also be acknowledged by your manager as well as your VP on doing a good job every day. If your performance is less than par then the managers, as well as the VP, will help you figure out the problem and find the solution. Finally it offends me when somebody calls me a liar personally, and if I were the company I would take offense to being called a liar during the interview process. During my interview I was made known of what to expect with this business, and every question that I had asked was answered. The fact is this reputable company is not looking for people that are unmotivated to seize the opportunity presented before them, so they gain nothing in keeping anything from their possible new employees. If you work hard you will not only yield the financial benefits, but will also have the opportunity to grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue with the structured program that is in place. With the rapid growth of the company take heed that no one is left behind in terms of training and development.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"Field Marketer"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Excellent people
    -Bonus incentives
    -Company sponsored trips
    -Have meetings everyday. Get to make some friends and see them on a regular basis.

Cons

-Going door to door today.
    -Weather can be pretty bad on some days.
    -LONG LONG hours.
    -Spend a lot of time in vans going to and coming from the field
    -Not much options for moving up.

Advice to Management

-Keep it up

"Life with Power"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A group of genuine people that care about each other and provide you with an incredible opportunity for advancement. There is a good balance in the work environment. It is exciting and relaxed at times, but also demanding and challenging. You decide your future within the company by the amount work you put in. The growth has been enormous so far and it's exciting to see how far it will go.

Cons

can expect some long hours once in a while

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation to all employees