Power Home Remodeling - You get out what you put in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"You get out what you put in"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rosemont, IL
Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time

Pros

Company culture is unmatched, the guys that you work with become family and any one of your co-workers would go out of their way to help you to be successful, even if it meant that they would have less opportunity to put money in their own pocket.
Sales training is top-notch, the sales aptitude You're given all the tools you need to succeed, it just depends on how you choose to use them. Yes, power has the system down, and yes there's a script, but if you have no idea on how to tailor a script then you will not be successful.
Compensation is lucrative if you can earn it, but not all do for various reasons; the main one would be "winging-it", you listen to your managers, commit to the proven system, and commit fully to the job/lifestyle then you will be financially free.
You're able to actually grow as an individual if you actually give it your all. The values they claim to live by are not just talk, they are values demonstrated by all superiors and are contagious if you fully invest in this as a career. Can truly say you learn the traits needed for success. More beneficial, you learn ALOT about yourself as a person, in addition to a lot about how many different kinds of people there are out there. You learn how to connect with people, read and diagnose a situation quickly, become a great public speaker and to say the least grow thick skin.
I cant say enough about the people that you work with. Everyone in the organization is looking out for you best interest, but also you genuinely want to look out for the best interest of your peers. For example, marketers are doing everything they can to get reps appointments, reps are doing everything they can to make sure the marketers get paid, and beyond that every person that you deal with in the process is looking out for you. Selfless environment where people go above and beyond for you. Got a question about something technical and it's midnight? You don't feel weird calling your project manager to get the specifics, you just woke up someone to get advice or a more specific answer, the pick up and are happy, actually excited to help/educate you? That doesn't happen anywhere. Special shout out to Chicago's TCI dept. DP is the the best of the best, always willing to go above and beyond to help a rep out and like everything else, if you utilize the resources available to you, you will be successful.
You can speak with conviction because you know you work for a company that does things right, and is always looking to improve. If you can be mentally tough and disciplined, everything your told at your interview is attainable

Cons

Hours are crazy and you're on call basically 9am-7pm and you never know where you might be going, or where it is located for that matter. Very mentally tough, and the swings can be debilitating. Nothing is every for sure, but you can control it to a certain extent. Never know exactly what you will be making but it is in your control. Very hard to have a normal social life with this job, you don't work normal hours and can be working till 1am. Very hard on a relationship, better suited for single guys, unless you have been there for a while; the longer you're there the more you control your schedule and can actually have a normal life where you can spend time with your significant other/family. It is a mental battle everyday and difficult to separate work life from personal. Pay for your own gas initially(reimbursed on taxes). As much as there are people willing to help, much of the time when you need them ASAP they are working and can not help you; not always the case but happens because they are doing the same thing your doing

Advice to Management

PII managers should be more equipped with knowledge of what a sales appointment is like and vice versa. With a growing office you should have more people you know you can turn to while on an appointment that are off the clock. Difficult for managers to handle so many people when they are in need asap. Great system, great culture, sales training and installs are top notch; it's just the grey area between a sale and a project visit that could be more efficient. Entire process aka before-after a sale should be more transparent to employees to become more efficient and adapt to answer question/comments made by h/o's; most importantly more enjoyable for the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"They tricked me..."

Former Employee - Field Marketer in Rosemont, IL
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Rosemont, IL

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly I worked for this company for two days before I found out it was a door to door sales job. They tricked me during the interview continuously reassuring me that this was inside sales and I would be managing a group of people in 90 days. Shame on me for not seeing the red floats but you live and you learn. This is just an awful job and I would not be surprised if this company went under in less than 10 years. It is a scam and scams do not last this is not a real job and people need to be made aware of this before they go in there and are lied to. STAY FAR FAR AWAY KEEP SEARCHING THERE ARE WAY BETTER JOBS OUT THERE!!!

Cons

This company is a scam and do not be fooled by them

Advice to Management

Cash your checks now because it won't last

"Company is a SCAM! What a Joke..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

I worked at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Will hire ANYONE at ALL TIMES -- So if you're really desperate for a temp. job, apply now. The job itself, "Knocking on doors" isn't all that bad. The bad part, is WHO you're knocking on doors for. Good product but so overpriced it doesn't make sense.

Cons

Where do I begin!? This may be the biggest scam I have ever come across. This company doesn't install anything themselves, they sub everything out. They tell homeowners that they do in their 3 hour long sales pitch. The Life Time Warranty is a scam. They purposely take months- I've heard over a year to respond to warranty issues! THEY TROLL FOR SUCKERS -- PHRG is selling roofs that are supposed to cost 10k for 25k!! They wait until the right sucker decides to sign that sheet -- that's just me ranting about the company.. Let's talk about how bad they treat employees. If you're a marketer, they work you to the bone. I'm sure your cheerleader, aka VP is telling you how much money you can make on bonuses. Let's just say, DEMOS are a SCAM. They give you demos when they choose to give you demos. If you drink enough of the Power Juice, you might get some. If you're discouraged about the job and need a boost, you might get some. No one is actually getting what they deserve. You'll never make close to the amount of money they tell you and they are keeping all of the profits from these high, lucrative sales. The amount of corruption that is occurring with PHRG makes me want to vomit.

Advice to Management

boycott phrg