Power Home Remodeling - I am convinced they write 90% of the reviews on there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"I am convinced they write 90% of the reviews on there."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

laid back environment and you dont have to do much during the day until you have a lead

Cons

Its unfortunate that they do not tell the truth online here. I worked there for a while as I did not have another job. I worked as a sales rep so I went to peoples homes that were told we where there just to give them a quick estimate however I would spend about 3 hours on average trying to get through my presentation and then getting them to buy on the spot. This is a one call close business. yes sometimes I would be kicked out of peoples homes and other times they where to nice to ask me to leave but you could tell they wanted me to leave. Power speat the first 2 weeks that I worked there training us on how to overcome the issues that homeowners were lied to about the extent on what they where getting into. If you work in the marketing department ( which can be called a million different job names but all the jobs are the same) all you do in go door to door trying to set appointments for sales guys like me.

Whatever they tell you. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE JOB IT. nothing more and nothing less.

Advice to Management

I have been told by management that this is not a home improvement company but a "marketing company" that just happens to sell windows, siding, roofs, etc.... Each person needs ti figure out if that is where they want to work but I think you need to be more honest about that.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling

"Power Home Remodeling Group provides great opportunity for those seeking entry-level experience in sales/marketing"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Cranford, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative in Cranford, NJ

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company trips, generous compensation package, promotes from within, provides training

Cons

Long hours, must be willing to learn, weekend shifts

"Sold the job well in the interviews"

Current Employee - Field Marketer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Marketer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone you work with in the field is awesome and the trip to Mexico sounds like it is the greatest trip ever.

Cons

False promises from management. Door to door sales basically. Have to deal with a lot of rude homeowners and shitty weather.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic. Location is everything.