Praetorian Digital - A supportive environment that gives you room to grow and learn. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Praetorian Digital

"A supportive environment that gives you room to grow and learn."

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Praetorian Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I must have asked a thousand questions when I started and was in the process of figuring out all the moving pieces. Every question was met with a detailed answer that really helped me gain perspective on my newly acquired role in a growing and changing company.

My role is one that interacts with every department - and almost every single employee - which has grown to be one of my favorite things about working at PG. I am not limited in my interactions with other employee, nor am I limited to company endeavors related to my team alone. This being my first full time job out of college it is wonderful to gain so much knowledge about all the different departments that make a company a success as a whole.

Additionally, one of the pros about PG is most certainly the culture. I have always been one to enjoy event planning and thinking of ways to get people together to have fun. It is important to know the people you work with in a setting outside the office or conference room. So when I was asked to join the company culture club I was very enthusiastic to do just that. It has been a great experience to find new ways to bring my coworkers together for more then just an after work drink.

Lastly I would say that the Sales team at PG is not at all what I expected it to be. It is so much better then the preconceived notions I had about "Sales people". They are all so supportive and helpful to each other and management - no catty competitiveness on this Sales team. All a complete joy to work with.

Cons

The biggest con would probably be that sometimes communication between managers fails. I think that is something PG is looking into improving - and hopefully the culture club can even have a hand in promoting better communication. There is no harm in looping other managers into a conversation your team is having about process changes, its just something that everyone needs to be better about.

When I see a breakdown in communication happen I know there will be some frustration to follow, because everyone in a company likes to feel informed. that way they can do their job to the best of their ability.

Advice to Management

Clear communication is key - yes its exciting that there is a new process, new project or new hire, but let other teams in on that excitement. Another manager, or one of the people in their department, may have a role to play that you are not aware of and its best for people to know from the beginning so they can plan for or discuss it with their own team.

Other Employee Reviews for Praetorian Digital

"Great environment to work for the right person"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Praetorian Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great mission: insure that first responders have access to important information, which allows them to do their jobs safer and more effectively. How can you not be onboard with that? The environment of the company is one of collaboration, and all employees are extremely enthusiastic. This is a good opportunity for somebody who likes the team/collaborative environment, perhaps not so great for somebody who just wants to get on with their work autonomously.

Cons

Since Praetorian is a smaller company, the do not have the training/on-boarding programs for people with limited professional experience. If you are a recent college graduate, it may be best to do a couple of years at a larger organization that has dedicated staff towards employee development.

Advice to Management

Continue to build best practices, employee development and training programs to retain top talent.

"A young, innovative and energetic work place that makes you feel like you are accomplishing something."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Praetorian Digital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working together as a team, all working for the same result, is as much infectious as it is rewarding. The products, a group of new media sites targeted toward the public safety market, are rich and informative. This company keeps officers, firefighters, ems and military personnel safe on the streets through thoughtful original content and responsible sourcing. In my years with PG, I truly felt like I was contributing to the goals and overall success of this amazing resource. I worked with wonderful people that I still call friends today and felt like we were all working as a unit.

Cons

This is not big-business corporate america, so if you like anonymity, this may not be a great fit. The company is striving for growth and smart business choices, so the money gets spent on the company and does not go into employees pockets. If you don't feel public safety is important, this is a passionate company mentality and one would need to care a little about the product goals.

Advice to Management

The company has tended to promote from within, which is important, and a policy I would suggest keeping. Be open to employees opinion, as they could be an assistant or a VP, sometimes great ideas can come from those you least expect them from.