Pragmatics - The Best of Government Contractors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pragmatics

"The Best of Government Contractors"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Pragmatics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Strong internal processes. It's hard for managers who may not want you to shine too much to keep you down.
* Excellent Pay. They offer good money from the start for what you can do for them and pay via performance and offer multiple opportunities per year to get a raise. No frat club snobbery here, you're judged by what you bring to the table and they LIKE intellectuals and serious techies
*Good Benefits. Education/ Skillport/ College Support, good vacation and other "standard" benes people tend to skip on these days, annual party, happy hours, occasional lunch covered
*For all the things I say below, they are a steady company overall. If you can get on a strong contract, or multiple contracts, you're golden
*Very little nonsense, and there's much to be said for it

Cons

*Overtime pay doesn't happen often. You'd have to pass 96 hours in a period to get anything extra.
*Strange Mom and Pop dynamics in upper management. Sometimes your phone gets collected or some other dumb thing happens because someone close to the big cheese gets involved and what they say goes. It's weird little stuff though and nothing that couldn't be dealt with.
*The government isn't as strong as it was for a steady gig. I loved the place but they didn't keep the account. They're steady overall but if you lose your gig, there's some support but not a great chance you'll stay. I could have a taken a more fun gig, but I took this one because I thought it would be steady. No such luck.

Advice to Management

None really. Just keep doing your best. It looks like the younger guy in the upper echelon is smart and cool, and the big cheese is actually pretty cool too for the most part. General Manager was just moving into his space when I left, but he's the real deal. I'd love to see you guys sell to the private sector so there are more fun things to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Pragmatics

"The company was okay to work for"

Former Employee - CM Specialist in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - CM Specialist in Springfield, VA

I worked at Pragmatics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I needed a job at the time and they came through for me

Cons

Not committing to their contracts so people didn't have to get laid off

"Growing government contractor, both defense and Federal, great opportunities in the beltway area, but limited otherwise."

I worked at Pragmatics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong, stable company with continued growth, decent compensation and benefits, and opportunities for advancement in the home office.

Cons

Remote workers are isolated from the company and its culture, not in regular contact with their management, so you have to be very visible to be noticed. Otherwise, limited advancement potential.

Advice to Management

Include all employees in company events, culture, etc. Good company would be better.