Praxis Engineering - One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

"One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced"

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
+Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
+Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
+Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
+Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.

Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering

"Excellent internship program with opportunities for continued employment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was surprised to find that during my time in their internship program I wasn't treated as an underling whose only job was to get coffee or take notes; I felt as if I were considered a valued member of the team, albeit one without much professional experience. After concluding the internship, I was surprised again to be offered part time employment, which is something I would consider unheard of in most companies these days. The managers possess a general interest in my future and are very helpful in finding out which direction I would like to go in my position to help align me towards my goals.

Cons

none that I can think of, the people who are employed here are very welcoming and the management staff always treats you as a valued person and not a number.

"Best employer I've worked for. (Virginia employee)"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Praxis Engineering is the best company I've worked for. The leadership has a clear commitment to employee satisfaction and success. The work culture is unparalleled. The company leadership personnel is completely accessible to employees. The compensation is excellent and the benefits are very good. I've had two managers so far at Praxis and they've both demonstrated a commitment to excellence and employee success. Praxis has the responsiveness and efficiency of a small company, but the professionalism and stature of a large company. Praxis has a very impressive "resume," including prime contracts that would not be expected from a company of its size.

Cons

The company does not match 401k contributions.

Advice to Management

Don't sell the company!