Praxis Engineering - One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

"One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced"

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
+Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
+Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
+Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
+Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.

Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering

"Praxis is a great example of the execution of clear values and vision."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Employees and management at all levels is engaged and passionate about the customers we serve and the missions we support.
    + Great position and career mobility.
    + Outstanding training opportunities.
    + Participates in various employee nominated local community and charity social events.
    + Locally owned and operated by an engaged principal team.
    + Direct access to IT, HR, Accounting, and Security teams for employee and benefit support.

Cons

Praxis uses a selective hiring process to ensure we are hiring the best employees for our culture and long term growth -- not for a specific assignment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I am happy to call Praxis HOME!

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For - VA Employee"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very interested helping you get where you want to go, careerwise. I joined as a very entry-level employee, but they've been helping me develop the skills I need to advance my career. They've also given me additional responsibilities and coaching to actually position me to advance. As a result, I am moving forward. Everything they've promised me, they've followed through on. Additionally, the management is encouraging and any criticism is extremely constructive and positive. Everywhere else I've worked has had a very CYA culture, not the case with Praxis.

Cons

Frankly, I've not had negative experiences. I really can't think of anything. I wish they were closer to my house! :)