Praxis Engineering - Progressive company that understands what is important to its' employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Praxis Engineering

"Progressive company that understands what is important to its' employees."

Current Employee - Member of Professional Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD
Current Employee - Member of Professional Staff in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Praxis is a fun place to work. Great people, and great environment. Strong management/leadership that is committed to their staff. Despite small size, there is a tremendous amount of interesting opportunities for the engineers to choose from.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but the concentration of work is in the DC/MD/VA area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Praxis Engineering

"By far the best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+Their core values are just some words on a piece of paper, they actually believe in them.
    +Small perks like monthly happy hours, company day at baseball games, raffle for company seats at baseball and football games
    +All the front office people are friendly and helpful. They can help you out with nearly anything and in a moments notice.
    +Owners really put back into the company: Holiday parties, excusing days lost due to bad weather (I don't know any other company that did that), etc...
    +Flex time: any extra hours can be used to offset time off during that third of the year.
    +Great people, great culture.

Cons

-(Current) lack of prime contracts in Virginia.
    -Flex time not as flexible as it once was, but it's still pretty good.

Advice to Management

Keep building up the business in VA. And keep doing that you've been doing for 10+ years.

"One of the most employee friendly cultures I've experienced"

Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Linux/Network Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Praxis Engineering full-time

Pros

+Small company. I don't feel like a number here. Senior management is extremely approachable, and they make an effort to get to know everyone. At my last job, I talked to the director of my business unit for a total of 10 minutes a year. I've talked to the executives here at happy hours, quarterly business updates, Christmas parties, and when they visit the VA office.
    +Growing. There are new contracts with work in cutting edge technologies.
    +Smart people. Top notch talent. Great business leaders and talented engineers.
    +Flexible. As long as you keep clients happy, there aren't obstacles to seek out challenging assignments. Program managers are eager to help make connections.
    +Nats tickets raffle. I know it is small, and I could buy them on my own. However, the Nats/Os/Ravens/Skins tickets are really nice. I was able to take my brother to Game 5 of the 2012 NLDS and sit one row back in left center.

Cons

This company does a lot of things right. Leadership is genuinely focused on keeping both their customers and employees happy. It is hard to write a con when I think of some of the problems I've had being an experienced engineer in the contracting industry.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on clients and employees. Continue tution reimbursement practices.