Pre-Employ.com - Clients/Employees-Here's the brutally honest truth... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pre-Employ.com

"Clients/Employees-Here's the brutally honest truth..."

Former Employee - Anonymous in Anderson, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous in Anderson, CA

I worked at Pre-Employ.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before I get into the cons, I will say, if you're currently looking or desperately needing extra money while going to college, it's a job. Do not expect to promote (refer to cons for information on this subject), medical/dental will not happen until you have been working there for three months (and even then, premiums are OUTRAGEOUS). Bottom line, without sugar coating it, it's a minimum wage/just over minimum wage job. If you enjoyed the drama of High School take the job offer; if you've reached a mid-life crisis and want to act like you're still in high school and party with the 'youngsters' take the job offer.

Cons

CLIENTS AND EMPLOYEES: READ AND HEED!
Looking for a golden opportunity to progress? Looking to pursue a criminal justice background? Do NOT seek employment here. I started working at Pre-Employ in hopes of a wonderful opportunity given my background. To say the least, this job is like starting high school all over again. It's a very depressing job where you sit in a cubicle and either make phone calls to references or click on a computer doing background checks. Seems easy enough, right? WRONG, you're given little-to no training upon arriving and expected to know what to accomplish by reading walkthroughs. Need help? Find the trainer. Mess up on something? Be prepared to get an 'anonymous error' by kids or a lady in her late 40's who tries to act like she's 23. Both think they're entitled to something, I have yet to figure out what... 90% of the management is made up of mid-aged 20s females, which were given the positions due to their looks (definitely not their smarts) and because the CEO (Bob Mathers) tries to hit on every woman in the place. The pay for the work being accomplished is BARE minimum. Before I applied for this job I actually looked at the reviews, but thought, "It can't be THAT bad"...It is. Every NON-FIVE/FOUR STAR review is the honest truth by employees past/present that were not afraid to speak their mind on such an awful work environment. I read in another review, an individual questioned about how this company is still running. One, it's easy when the companies receiving these background checks are charged an arm and a leg for a 'background check' that can honestly be done from the office or home. And two, for the people applying for this job with high hopes get so wrapped up in the nonsense of all the 'wonderful' perks, it's pretty easy. The Peet's Coffee is only there if they have any, otherwise enjoy your turd in a cup. Free car washes, only if the car washer is there. Massage therapist? If she wants to be present, and if you really want to spend your 15 minute break getting a massage.. If you're depressed in your life thus far or would just like to gain A LOT of weight sitting behind a desk for just over minimum wage. Accept the job offer. Otherwise steer clear of this business...Employees and Clients alike.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting everybody's time by posting fake reviews. Listen to the needs of your employees. There is so much untapped potential in this workplace but unfortunately the CEO has his mind on other priorities. Stop partying with your subordinates and start acting like the CEOs, Supervisors, and Managers you're supposed to be. You're representing a company that actually has so much more potential but because of the lack of managerial skills it will remain at the bottom. It's very unfortunate.

Other Employee Reviews for Pre-Employ.com

1. "This is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Anderson, CA
    Current Employee - Verification Specialist in Anderson, CA

I have been working at Pre-Employ.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

((Please Note: I am NOT a manager or supervisor of this company, I am an employee that has worked in several departments of Pre-Employ.com)) I have worked for many companies in the past, Pre-Employ.com is one of the best that I've had the opportunity to be a part of. I'll start off with the perks: Free membership to the gym, we have an on-site massage therapist where we can get one back massage per week, free gourmet coffee & a six flavor soda machine that's free AND you can get your car washed once per week! I noticed another person said only in the summertime but that's not true. I just had our guy wash mine this week (October 20th). Our managers work with us when issues arise needing time off or a shift change, they actually listen when we talk to them, and their doors are always open for communication. Our HR Department is top notch. I have never worked for a company with such an awesome team as these two ladies are. I've never walked out of their office frustrated or discouraged because they do such a great job taking care of the situation every single time. The departments of this company are technical, we deal with sensitive information so we need to get it right the first time. If you feel like you need more training in a certain area, they are great about extra training. This company is a well oiled machine.

Cons

I've been working here for over a year and I have no "Cons" to list.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to keep the lines of communication open just like you're doing right now. Keep up the great work!

2. "If you are willing to work hard, and have a drive to succeed, you will LOVE this company and what they stand for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

I worked at Pre-Employ.com full-time

Pros

*People here LOVE what they do
    *They strive to be #1 in customer service and on turn around times for the industry
    *Can't get any closer to GOOGLE Environment then this!
    *Free Car Washes, *Free Massage Therapist, *Free Peet's Coffee, *Soda Machine, *Free Counseling for all areas in life, *Child care provided, *Weekly Contests, 1300 sq ft Media Center/Breakroom, the list goes ON and ON

When i read the negative reviews, it makes me want to STAND UP for a company that does right by the employees. Not only is this company highly ranked for their Customer Service (while handling Fortune 500 companies background check and drug testing!!), but they do all this with the employees they believe in and help meet their full potential... And not every employee can handle this.
      The CEO is a brilliant visionary, not everyone knows him, therefore there is a mystique about him. He stated this company on his own and has done an amazing job to make it what it is today.

Cons

I started working at Pre-employ Jan 2014, I have heard of Management issues, but I have not seen any. All of the Managers have been a great help to me, even in the other departments i didn't work in, they are friendly and willing to help and give guidance.
    Background checks...is not the most exciting industry to work in, but the people that work here make it fun and enjoyable, again if you are willing to be successful, they are willing to help.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, I wish I could of stayed living here!! There is no company out there like this... because i have been looking ever since. Thank you for the experience!!