Precision Business Solutions - Promising at first | Glassdoor

"Promising at first"

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Gave me opportunity to learn something new.

Cons

Mgmt, especially the CEO is lacking leadership skills. By this I mean employees/former employees don't trust him. This is a small company. Only after leaving did I realize how poor the reputation of the company is. Clueless clients with less knowledge buy very sub-par products from us. There's not a whole lot of precision within Precision... Revolving door with employees

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Don't keep blowing smoke, trust the people you hire a little more.

Other Employee Reviews for Precision Business Solutions

1. "I think this is a good company"

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

They had some pretty good stuff.

Cons

I didnt like some offerings

2. ""Work Hard Play Hard" Environment without the "Play Hard""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Salary is the #1 pro and what keeps people from leaving.

Cons

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, but that’s exactly what Precision does. They treat their employees like crap and then act surprised each year when turnover is 50%+. They ask in exit interviews what people would do to fix the company & pretend like 90% of the problems don’t stem directly from the President. They wait until everyone understands a specific rule or process, and then change the entire thing and get frustrated when people can’t keep up.

In June, Precision underwent a large reorg at the request of the President. The roles were structured so that several Account Managers report directly to the President and everyone else falls somewhere under an Account Manager. The transition has NOT been smooth, has NOT been productive in terms of increasing efficiency or generating significantly more revenue, and has caused everyone in the office to operate in a general state of constant misery. Precision does a great job at trying to sell you on the thought that all the tiny benefits you get from the job (salary, flex hours, dog policy, etc) might be worth putting up with everything they will put you through, but I assure you they will not.

I loved the projects that I was able to work on there and the access to senior leadership at top companies that were our partners. I loved that my job is a bit different every single day. I loved the small company/ everyone knows each other feel. But the simple fact is that the things I loved and that brought me to Precision in the first place do NOT outweigh the frustration, the manipulation, the severely low morale, and the overall irrationality of the senior members of the company. To enjoy working at Precision you have to be entirely oblivious to everything around you but the job you are doing, or a masochist.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, show more respect to ALL, LISTEN to your employees before making massive changes