Precision Business Solutions - Small company, Fast paced, Place to learn and grow | Glassdoor

"Small company, Fast paced, Place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Data Analyst/Modeler in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Precision Business Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Full exposure and access across the organization to all roles and responsibilities - from President down. Committed to performance reviews and salary and bonuses every 6 months. Fun social activities. Challenging work - changes all the time. No monotony. True problem solving and solution thinking. Growing, profitable company with high market demand.

Cons

High level of accountability throughout the organization. Don't work here if you want to be a slacker. No room for it.

Precision Business Solutions2014-12-16

Other Employee Reviews

"Thank you Precision"

Former Employee - Modeler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Precision Business Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very organized environment. On my first day I was set up with my space, computer, and a training schedule. You will have a chance to work with many big companies. Smart coworkers who will take time to explain and teach you, so you can be more successful and bring value to the company. Great pay and benefits for < 50 company. Fun and happy office.Team trips - Austin, Miami, New Orleans and many more.... The company...

Cons

Can be some long work hours, but that is pretty normal for most companies.

Precision Business Solutions2014-12-16

"Good place to get some SQL Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Modeler

I have been working at Precision Business Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's mostly an Excel (Data Viz, Reporting, Outputs) shop with SQL to pull data. Some Data Warehousing practices that can be learned, but most things are pretty basic. Connections are due to corporate relationships from previous work experience of upper management and the CEO.

Cons

It's very old school consulting (50-65 face hours in the office expected) versus production oriented. If you didn't come in from a "top 50 school" or have an MBA no room for growth into one of their "modeler" roles. If you're a Data Analyst, very little shot of moving up to the "Modeler" level, so I'd advise you go for the Modeler roles, which is just Excel reports. Not difficult at all, just tedium as nauseam.

Advice to Management

None. I think everyone should have a right to run their company how they want to. Just as long as people are honest about their values and hold fast to them.

Precision Business Solutions2018-08-02

Discover more reviews about Precision Business Solutions.